I sure could use a Vulcan mind meld right about now.
- Is anybody out there?
- Archaeologists in Mexico City find first tomb of Aztec ruler.
- Clues to Britain’s darkest age unearthed.
- Simulation shows how an asteroid explosion 29 million years ago may have turned Saharan sand into glass.
- From the ashes of failed missions, Phoenix rises to search for life on Mars.
- Dark Matter: All Wrong?
- Historian seeks to revive ancient discipline of cosmography.
- Magic Airport: Watch the Burning Man revelers pull an airport out of the desert …then make it disappear.
- Russia’s long love affair with space.
- The worst drought in a thousand years is choking Oz’s Murray river.
- Daffodils flowering seven months early have gardening experts blooming baffled.
- Global Warming: The truth about denial.
- China tells Tibet’s living Buddhas they must obtain government permission to reincarnate.
- Scottish scientists reverse the signs of Alzheimer’s.
- In animals at least, the difference between male and female sexual behaviour may be due to a tiny organ in the nose.
- Sexual abstinence programs found to have no impact on the age at which individuals lost their virginity, whether they had unprotected sex, the number of sexual partners, the rates of sexually transmitted diseases or the number of pregnancies.
- Is Africa home to an electrogenic mammal? (With photo.)
- Mixing science with religion creates thorny questions.
Quote of the Day:
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an individual casts off outmoded and restricting standards of thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and the social structure as a whole.