It’s a wild and woolly news day, folks.
- ‘Roswell aliens’ story revived by deathbed confession. **Flash of light** You will forget everything you read in this article — and you’ll get rid of that shirt. Bloggers – comment.
- What happened before the Big Bang: New discoveries about another universe whose collapse appears to have given birth to the one we live in.
- Million-year-old human tooth found in Spain.
- German archaeologist claims to have found evidence that ‘rise of man’ theory is off by 400,000 years.
- People in the Americas began growing domesticated crops more than 10,000 years ago.
- 1,600km voyage of the Sea Stallion is crucial to understanding the Viking Age.
- The Dragon and the Pearl: One of the great mysteries of mythology is the universal symbol of a cosmic serpent with a glowing sphere in the heavens.
- The Bees’ Needs: It’s the Physics, Stupid! – by Richard C. Hoagland and David Wilcock.
- The Amateur Future of Space Travel: How NASA turned to America’s basement brainstormers, workbench concocters and garage tinkerers to revive the space program.
- Paradigm shift: Gene Theory is history.
- Researchers discover that ancient RNA molecules orchestrate gene activity across vast portions of the human genome.
- Prions naturally present in the brain appear to prevent the build up of beta amyloid proteins associated with Alzheimer’s.
- Babies learn to deceive at a far younger age than previously suspected.
- Wild Weather: dispatches from an ailing planet.
- Wilderness now almost non-existent on planet Earth
- Reanimated rodents and the meaning of life.
- Covering the End Times – Coast-to-Coast, Pinchbeck, and beyond.
- The only thing we have to fear is the ‘culture of fear’ itself (pdf): How human thought and action are being stifled by a regime of uncertainty.
- Pwnage news: One of the thorniest problems of the information age is ‘data reuse’ – data collected for one purpose and then used for another.
- New NSA whistleblower speaks out.
- EU pours £3.8bn into ‘brainwashing campaign’.
- Scientists develop amnesia drug that can block and even delete unwanted memories from people’s brains. Okay, make that an injection instead of a *flash of light*.
- Recalls of problematic goods force large US companies to increase scrutiny of the thousands of products they receive from Chinese suppliers.
- Prepare to be stunned by Robocops.
- Wikipedia: How did the world’s biggest online encyclopedia turn into a leading source of daily journalism?
- Why we (supposedly?) learn from our mistakes.
- YouTube video (2:41): A modern-day Da Vinci?
Quote of the Day:
This is to certify that you have passed W.O.M.B.A.T. Grade 3 and have been awarded the classification of Outstanding.
You are a witch or wizard of extraordinary flair and sagacity. Very few candidates achieve ‘Outstanding’ at Grade 3 W.O.M.B.A.T. Have you ever considered a teaching post at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Application owls from such highly qualified candidates are always welcome. Heartiest congratulations!
Kat’s test results on the W.O.M.B.A.T. (Wizards’ Ordinary Magic & Basic Aptitude Test) Grade 3 at JKRowling.com.