What do you think of Greg’s TDG book anthology idea?
- Hot News: Incredible evidence will be released this week suggesting a comet exploded over the Earth nearly 13000 years ago, wiping out most Ice Age populations.
- An old theory gets a second chance: were the Khufu Pyramid’s building blocks made of cast concrete?
- Another theory as to how the Khufu Pyramid was built from the inside out using internal ramps.
- Breaking News: Belgian archaeologists have discovered an incredible tomb belonging to an Egyptian courtier who lived 4000 years ago. We’ll hear from Zahi when he finds his hat.
- Archaeologists in Honduras have discovered a tomb in the Maya capital of Copan containing a skeleton seated in an upright position.
- Pre-Islamic Persian regions were home to mysterious snake cults from circa 1250 BC until 550 AD. Conan’s Stygians?
- Archaeologists have found evidence that modern Chinese script is 8000-years-old, several millennia more than previously thought.
- Golden statues of Buddha and other artifacts were stolen from a North Korean museum.
- Beijing’s protected hutongs surrounding the Forbidden City will be demolished for new residential high-rises.
- A senior British police officer has warned that the proliferation of CCTV cameras risks creating an Orwellian society.
- Internet censorship is on the rise, a study reporting that 26 out of 40 countries are blocking or filtering political and social content.
- A revered Rabbi (who died in 2006, aged somewhere between 106 and 117), claimed to have met the real Messiah in 2003, but he/she won’t come forward until Ariel Sharon passes away.
- A woman who can communicate with animals says she isn’t psychic, it’s just a matter of asking them. When my housemate’s cat meows nonstop, I don’t have to be psychic to know she’s hungry.
- This little piggy went to market; a Tempe Arizona psychic says she can read your future by looking at your toes. Considering some people’s hygiene, I’d stick with palms.
- Over the past several years SETI has brought together anthropologists and scholars from other disciplines to brainstorm the cultural differences between humans and extraterrestrials.
- Bren Burton of the Open Minds Forum discusses a whistleblower’s claims that the material world is coming into conflict with the metaphysical world, and the US Government is covering it up.
- A planet resembling a hot snowball orbiting a distant star is the latest discovery of an extrasolar world that has astronomers confused and excited.
- Cracks in the icy surface of Saturn’s moon Enceladus open and close daily under the pull of Saturn’s gravity.
- In 2008, NASA’s Phoenix spacecraft should land on Mars and begin its search for life in the Martian ice.
- The world’s deepest sinkhole in Mexico has been used to test NASA’s DEPTHX robot, which is being developed to explore Europa‘s ice-covered oceans.
- A leading astronomer at the University of Arizona is proposing an enormous liquid-mirror telescope on the moon that will be a hundred times more sensitive than Hubble.
Quote of the Day:
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English — up to fifty words used in correct context — no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese.