In grand U.S. tradition, on the heels of yesterday’s food-abuse festival, comes the massive credit card abuse of Black Friday.
- Scientists hail genetic breakthrough that will change human understanding.
- In recent ‘magic mushroom’ study, one third of those who received psilocybin reported it as the most spiritually meaningful experience of their lives.
- The oldest representation of the cosmos, the sky disc of Nebra, shines in Basel.
- Dig uncovers ancient Peruvian knives. More.
- Tracing wealth to the Stone Age.
- How a Scottish Lord came to possess a Philosopher’s Stone. With photo.
- ‘Great Dying’ changed marine life forever.
- Creatures of the ocean seeps discovered.
- Seismologists get handle on heat flow deep in Earth.
- Rocky ‘cork’ may be stopping up Mount St. Helen’s, resulting in mysterious rhythmic earthquakes.
- Resilient form of plant carbon gives new meaning to the term ‘older than dirt’.
- Black hole spins at the limit.
- Can Russia build a better Hubble?
- Confirming what ship captains have been reporting for centuries, satellite spots glowing ocean. Brief article, details in audio.
- Researchers find complex interactions between heart, brain, and emotions.
- Scientists regrow chicken embryo’s wing, adding to evidence that mammals can also regrow limbs.
- Discovery could lead to reversal of arthritis.
- An international online survey of paranormal experiences has met with an overwhelming response, say Australian researchers.
- NORAD is gearing up for a billion hits from wee Santa trackers.
- What do South Park, Kansas City, and a heaping helping of scorn have to do with 911truth.org?
- New video and photographic evidence puts three senior CIA operatives at the scene of Robert Kennedy’s assassination. More.
- Update: Enviro-cateclysm of the week: Evidence suggests global warming could unleash more seismic activity.
- The curious economics of temptation.
Quote of the Day:
What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh, for heaven’s sake, mankind, it’s only four light years away, you know. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your own lookout. Energize the demolition beam. I don’t know. Apathetic bloody planet. I have no sympathy at all.