- Sardinia is Atlantis, according to Italian journalist Sergio Frau, and UNESCO supports him. Support Robert Bauval, I say!
- A UK team has proposed a new location for the mythical Ithaca.
- A joint American-Iranian archaeological team will begin excavating the Susan Plain in southwestern Iran for the first time since 1973.
- Obelisks belonging to the Neolithic period have been found in southeastern Turkey, and are decorated with human and animal figures.
- Bronze idols of Lord Siva and Goddess Parvati dating to the 12th century AD were unearthed at a temple in Tamil Nadu.
- Nine Neolithic-era buildings have been excavated near Stonehenge, the first house-like structures discovered there.
- A self-described hobby physicist challenges the skeptics.
- A non-profit US group has reached an agreement with Libya to provide each of its 1.2 million schoolchildren with an inexpensive laptop by 2008.
- It was exactly ten years ago when 176 world leaders at the World Food Summit pledged to halve the number of undernourished people by 2015. Things have gotten worse.
- Bono enlists Oprah to preach charity where people will listen — in the shopping mall.
- New software will give computer-generated characters more soul. Does anyone remember Max Headroom?
- This old house is haunted.
- A prophetess says Russia will face a series of large-scale catastrophes in 2014 because the mummy of princess Ochy-Bala was recently unearthed. Egypt’s in a wee bit of trouble then …
- A new biography (Amazon UK) of crime-writer Agatha Christie claim’s her two-week disappearance was a case of out-of-body amnesia.
- A new book investigates sightings of deceased pets and tells you how to contact your own departed furry friends. Pet Ghosts: Animal Encounters From Beyond The Grave by Joseph P. Warren (Amazon US or UK).
- Is this a photo of a UFO over Tel Aviv, or just a plane’s exhaust painted orange by the sunset?
- Here’s video of UFOs filmed on a flight somewhere over Europe en route to England.
- More than 700 UFO sightings have been reported to the UK’s Ministry of Defence, but only 12 of them are worth investigating according to MOD officials.
- An article discussing the problems of UFO hoaxes.
- A shadowy sack-like being was encountered by a Polish resident. I see plastic-bag-like beings on windy nights all the time.
- A teenage boy in eastern India married a hill to appease its goddess who had put a curse on his mother.
- No explanation needed — Crying, while eating.
Quote of the Day:
God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps on trying other things.