Should we be worried it’s Greg who will be posting the news on the 6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year?
- Dire consequences are predicted for the world’s 500 million desert-living population, due to climate change and water shortages.
- A meteor believed to have caused the biggest mass extinction in Earth’s history (before the dinosaurs), may also have created the Australian continent.
- Not only do scientists think a meteor wiped out the dinosaurs, but now they believe a huge meteor strike in Antarctica gave birth to them.
- It’s been 84 years since the last intact tomb was found in the Valley of the Kings, and it may be another 84 years before they work out what it is.
- The battle to stop the construction of a highway near Ireland’s Tara Hill continues.
- Decoding the charred remains of the Derveni papyrus may have implications for the Gospel of Judas.
- Looking for evidence of fish-to-land evolution in the Arctic.
- Cryptomundo has a screenshot of the coelacanth filmed off the coast of Indonesia recently.
- Electric fish emitting different signals may be on the verge of an evolutionary split.
- Scientists are no closer to working out what ball lightning is.
- FATE magazine has a great article about UFOs over sacred sites.
- A woman in the Washington DC area saw 6-8 white hovering lights that were too quiet to be a helicopter.
- Waterhen Lake is a hotspot for UFO sightings lately, which seem to be interested in the water.
- Wendy saw a green object as large as the moon sailing across treetops parallel to her car.
- ThothWeb (I hope I got that one right!) discusses the alien skull debate.
- Meet EveR-1, a South Korean female android who can express emotions and hold a conversation. My first name is Rick, but my surname is not Deckard.
- The Lost Orwell is a new book by Peter Davison offering new insights into the life of a genius (Amazon UK only).
- Here’s an article for Brian Joseph, Patti Boyd discusses her life as a muse to George Harrison.
- A Jesuit priest rejects U2 leadsinger Bono’s claim that religion has severely damaged Ireland.
Quote of the Day:
I’m not doubting. I don’t doubt God. I have firm faith absolutely in God. It’s religion I’m doubting.