So much work to do, I’m like a mouse balancing an elephant on the tip of his nose.
- Are the ruins of the legendary kingdom of Cantre’r Gwaelod to be found submerged in Cardigan Bay?
- Is the legendary Boudicea buried beneath a Birmingham McDonalds? Imagine what the toy is in a happy meal!
- The Great Pyramid is a cuckoo clock, according to engineer Jean-Pierre Houdin. And anyone who thinks the shafts are for air ventilation are cuckoo, imo.
- A year after the discovery of a burial chamber in the Valley of the Kings, Egyptologists still can’t decide what it is. Perhaps we need an alternative theory from Robert Bauval, and then they’ll quickly decide what it isn’t.
- A colossal statue of Ramses II will say goodbye to the traffic and exhaust fumes of Cairo’s Ramses Square, and say hello to the Grand Egyptian Museum. Ramses! Colossus! Yeah, Indigo here we go oh …
- Titicaca, lake of legend and gold.
- More than half of Britons believe in psychic powers, a survey suggests, tho whether it was taken at an Ibiza rave is another thing.
- The popularity of reading past-lives is booming in Japan, thanks to a spiritual counsellor and his co-host, a cross-dressing singer said to be the reincarnation of a 17th century Christian revolutionary.
- An engineering student speculates that OBEs (out-of-body experiences) allow us a glimpse of the mutidimensional universe as predicted in string theory. Hey, I already thought of that! But I don’t have a degree …
- A geneticist, a philosopher and a chicken farmer walk into a bar and ask, “What came first? The chicken or the egg?”
- Scientists predict how to detect a fourth dimension of space. You take the third dimension, and add one.
- Glowing, silvery blue clouds that have been spreading around the world and brightening mysteriously in recent years will be studied by NASA.
- Three planets roughly the same mass as Neptune have been discovered around a nearby sun-like star.
- A dragon-like dinosaur has been named after JK Rowling’s school for young wizards, Hogwarts. When they find a dinosaur skull with a lightning bolt on its forehead, you’ll have Harrypottersaurus.
- X-rays of a duck reveal an extraterrestrial face. No wonder they waddle when they walk.
Quote of the Day:
Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.