I may not link to it often, but god, I love Sploid! With headlines like ‘Fearsome Beast Hatched By L.A. Cultists: Celebrity website announces birth of Scientologist Tom Cruise’s youngling and the Earth squeals and shudders to a halt’, and ‘Crappy Fruitcake No Better 44 Years Later’, how could I not? But after years of taking care of a 3-acre yard for my Dad, the headline – and photo – that really cracked me up today was ‘May As Well Ride That Straight To The E.R.‘.
- New giant picture found on Peru’s Nazca Plateau.
- Researchers find first solid evidence of ancient pyramid under Bosnian hill. Includes the 2 best click-to-enlarge photos I could find – but that still isn’t saying much.
- This changes everything: Kryptos sculptor says he made a mistake.
- Nazi Holocaust Archives soon to be made public.
- Possible Gospel of Judas fragments turn up in an Ohio bank vault.
- One I missed last week: Google challenges Oz users to solve Da Vinci Code puzzles. The official website says, ‘Only the worthy will prevail’. So of course, Greg’s making it look ridiculously easy.
- Scientists find fossil of a snake with hips and hind legs.
- Octopuses have ephemeral elbows.
- Geological map of Mars reveals history of its dessication.
- Secret rivers found in Antarctic.
- Geologists drill into fossil magma chamber deep under the ocean.
- Ancient Atlantic and Pacific oceans merged earlier than previously thought.
- ‘Major error’ discovered in the world’s biggest online climate prediction project, backed by the BBC.
- Alan Boyle wonders, is there another inconstant constant?
- They call it the Planet Machine: the world’s biggest optical telescope is designed to see where no-one has seen before.
- The Hutchison Effect.
- Ultraterrestrial? Schmultraterrestrial!! Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft.
- Mystery of ‘poached’ baby Bigfoot deepens.
- How one photograph became the cover for both a pro-abduction and an anti-abduction book.
- Did you know you can hallucinate from eating fish?
- Russians think they’ve solved the mystery of crop circles.
- Animal brains hard-wired to recognize predator’s foot movements.
- A glimpse of an alluring woman is all it takes to ruin a man’s decision-making skills.
- Emotional wiring different in men and women.
Quote of the Day:
I’m into something here that I cannot understand.
Robert Langdon, in The Da Vinci Code.