I’ve been lookin’ all day, but I’m telling you up front, what with Greg posting 7 updates, and me contributing to his 3 News Briefs this week, there’s no news left – nothin’, nada, zip! In desperation, I’ve finally just made up a bunch of headlines, and inserted random links. So there’s no telling where you’ll end up, but I’m reasonably sure you’ll have a pleasant trip. And congrats to TDG reader, Xaltotun, for having the 2nd highest score in ThothWeb’s recent alternative quiz.
- St. Patrick’s Day fast facts: Beyond the Blarney.
- Anatomy of the Big Bang: new data sheds light on how universe expanded.
- Scientists reassess geologic evolution of Venus.
- ESA satellite reveals Yellowstone’s deep secret.
- Big new reservoir of water ice suspected under Mars.
- To learn if Mars ever supported life, researchers should look underground.
- Life on Mars? The real lesson from Lowell.
- Astronomers detect hidden stream of stars stretching halfway across the northern sky. Cosmic Log’s Alan Boyle explains.
- Quest for philosopher’s stone may rid the world of long-lived radioactive waste.
- Marine scientist shocked by great Barrier Reef’s coral graveyard. What is the fate of the ocean?
- When emotions make you see colors.
- Do musical tastes help you get to know someone?
- How William Shatner changed the world.
- Going where no report has gone before: The manifesto that got science to the top of Bush’s agenda.
- The Sixty-Million-Year Virus: How do we know that humans are kin to chimpanzees and other primates?
- Philosopher Daniel Dennett comes out of the closet as a nonbeliever, and calls for scientific investigation of religion.
- God’s scientist receives supreme award: Richest grant goes to cosmologist who says religion best explains laws of universe.
- News from 2010: Study proves universe created by committee.
- FBI to get $425 million computer upgrade – to replace the doomed $170 million effort that left agents working largely on paper.
- What’s lurking in that RFID tag? A big vulnerability to hackers, says computer scientist.
- Let’s say you get religion of the South American kind – the kind that uses Ayahuasca: there are possible food/drug interactions you need to know about.
- Paleoufology: Visitors in the dawn of times.
Quote of the Day:
O Paddy dear, an’ did ye hear the news that’s goin’ round?
The shamrock is by law forbid to grow on Irish ground!
No more Saint Patrick’s Day we’ll keep, his colour can’t be seen,
For there’s a cruel law agin the wearin’ o’ the Green!