So many controversies, so little time.
- Devilish detail may prove saviour for The Da Vinci Code author.
- Caves of mystery at Huashan.
- Satellite sleuth closes in on Noah’s Ark mystery. Satellite image of the Mt. Ararat anomaly.
- Ancient seafaring ships, discovered in an Egyptian cave that has kept its secrets for 40 centuries, were probably built at a Nile shipyard, then disassembled and carried across 90 miles of desert to the Red Sea, with as many as 3,700 men taking part in the expedition.
- Gospel of Judas has endured a rocky path from Egypt’s desert to print.
- US biologist weighs in on human quadruped controversy, saying reverse human evolution is plausible, testable.
- UK evolutionary psychologist says both nature and nurture explain wrist-walkers.
- It may be the researchers who are devolving, rather than the wrist-walkers: Misconduct claim pits relatively little-known Turkish reseacher against 3 internationally known UK scientists.
- Living fossil: Squirrel-like rodent found in a Laos meat market last year belongs to a family thought to have died out 11 million years ago.
- Cassini finds signs of liquid water on Saturn’s moon, Enceladus.
- Deities for Atheists: Michael Shermer pens a glowing review of George Basalla’s Civilized Life in the Universe: Scientists on Intelligent Extraterrestrials. Amazon US & UK.
- Buckyballs, known to damage or destroy DNA, could pose a health threat. Gee, ya think?
- You are more important than a quark: A brain-tickling review of A Different Universe: Reinventing Physics from the Bottom Down by Nobel Prize winning physicist Robert B. Laughlin. New paperback edition available at Amazon US & UK.
- Report reveals worldwide illegal spread of genetically engineered crops, including ordinary crops contaminated with GE crops containing pharmaceuticals.
- Is neuroelectric therapy, or Net, which transmitts low-level currents to the brain, the answer to addiction?
- The legend of United Flight 93: If the official story is true, how did a burning seat cushion land on the roof of a cabin two and a half miles from the crash site?
- Details revealed about the blood oath taken by a ‘made man’ in the mafia.
- The cult of the fox spirits lives on in China.
- Near Miss in Saudia Arabia Would Have Been an Energy Pearl Harbor.
- Hotter, Faster, Worser: Over the past several months, the normally restrained voice of science has taken on a distinct note of panic when it comes to global warming. How did we go from debating the “uncertainty” behind climate science to near hysterical warnings from normally sober scientists about irrevocable and catastrophic consequences?
- At war with our planet: A 3-page review of The Weather Makers: How We are Changing the Climate and What It Means for Life on Earth by Tim Flannery. Amazon US & UK.
Quote of the Day:
Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched.
George H. W. Bush, in an interview with Sarah McClendon, Dec. 1992