I used my halo to cook perfectly-round pancakes. Mmmm-mmmm.
- Zahi-free news about the intact tomb found just meters from Tutankhamen’s burial chamber.
- Even better, pictures and video of the tomb excavation. Contains Zahi, but he’s very pixelated.
- If you’re itching for more, here’s a slideshow of the tomb.
- Italian researchers have pieced together fragments of a first-century BC Greek treatise.
- The handwritten minutes of a 17th century Royal Society meeting has been discovered, if a little dusty.
- Aha, an article with a picture of the minutes! I wonder what a graphologist would say about Robert Hooke’s handwriting?
- Unfortunately, the Royal Society today can’t afford to buy the minutes, and are asking for help.
- A 19th Century Russian manuscript describes a UFO encounter above the Kremlin.
- Not all manuscripts have a happy ending in Russia, but the World War II accounts of Vasily Grossman provide a harrowing view of the Soviet soldier’s struggle to survive – and not just against the Germans.
- Vasily doesn’t mention UFO sightings, but in other parts of the WWII sky, Foo Fighters were mystifying everyone.
- FATE magazine discusses an underwater extraterrestrial base off the coast of California. Surf’s up, Arnie!
- A tale of bright lights in the Galveston night sky, and attempts by eyewitnesses to explain them.
- What was the UFO witnessed by four Indian scientists during a 2004 expedition in the Himalayas?
- In the 1970s, Harold Stephens conducted the first expedition to find Orang Dalam — Malaysia’s Bigfoot.
- US officials have told the Patong Times that UFOs do not exist and “even if they did they certainly wouldn’t know anything about it.” Read the rest, it’s hilarious — but it might offend Belgians.
- Nut-and-bolts spacecraft, or beings from parallel dimensions? An excellent interview with Dr Jacques Vallee.
- A neutrino detector at the South Pole could provide evidence of extra dimensions. Philip Pullman got the wrong pole, but I can’t wait to meet my daemon.
- Virgin Galactic and the US State of New Mexico have reached an historic agreement to build a $200million spaceport.
- The mission to explore Jupiter’s moon Europa has been lost in the filing cabinets of NASA’s accountants.
- The Nhakla Mars meteorite may have held evidence of life.
- Alien life on Aurelia and Blue Moon, according to NASA and SETI project researchers (and artists!).
- How can we recognise nonhuman intelligence if it’s completely alien? Sometimes I have trouble recognising human intelligence.
- On the streets of Kinshasa in Africa, thousands of children accused of witchcraft beg for food.
- Kinda makes Valentine’s Day, and it’s occult origins, a little less important, doesn’t it?
Quote of the Day:
We need to open the full spectrum of potential hypotheses instead of simply selecting data that fit our preconceptions.
Dr Jacques Vallee