Humm, maybe an aerial view would be more enlightening… Let’s all take a flying leap into 2006.
- Cryptographers claim to have broken the code on the cover of The Da Vinci Code.
- Underwater Mayan-like Pyramids Found in Southern China.
- As you can see for yourself in The Past From Above: Aerial Photographs of Archaeological Sites (Amazon US & UK), aerial views let archaeologists see things that aren’t obvious from the ground.
- Obelisk, new finds unleash debate over Aksum in Ethiopia.
- Near-complete Titanosaurus discovered in Argentina.
- Newly released papers show Churchill wanted Hitler executed.
- In Ancient Egypt, dwarfs commanded respect.
- Ancient Egyptians sought ‘epiphany’ on New Year’s Day by drinking beer til they passed out.
- Geologists are baffled by volumn of lava at Mount St. Helens.
- Tsunami warning hits U.S. West coast.
- Physicists keep faith in constants.
- Fairy Tale Physics: Myths and Legends Explained.
- Chandra looks back at the Earth.
- Why We’re Going Back to the Moon.
- Their warranty expired long ago, but NASA’s twin robots are still motoring around Mars.
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatments found to mobilize stem cells.
- The 50 Best Robots Ever.
- Technology’s 2005 turn to the dark side.
- Sighting gives Malaysia bigfoot fever. National Parks director willing to collaborate on scientific study to verify creature’s existence. Humm, hair reeking of body odour recovered…
- Best of the weird: Woman marries ‘Israeli’ dolphin. With photo.
- For Rico: China sacks officials after pollution riots.
- Was it UFOs? Mystery haunts Colorado’s eastern plains.
Quote of the Day:
Wow! Brazil is big.
George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva