Merry Christmas or my best wishes to whatever you celebrate this time of year.
The archaeological community is buzzing with that Maya mural find that TDG told you about yesterday. Old Mayan concepts are crumbling along with European and American human-occupation timelines.
- Here’s a follow-up on those footprints found in 1.3 Million-Year-Old Mexican volcanic rock that I told you about last week.
- Ancient tools found in Britain show that humans lived in northern Europe 200,000-years earlier than previously thought, at a time when the climate was warm enough for lions, elephants and saber tooth tigers to also roam what is now England.
- The largest collection of South American skulls ever assembled suggests that a different population may have crossed the bridge to the New World 3,000-years before those Siberians crossed the Bering Strait on a land-ice bridge.
- Here’s more on that Maya mural that Greg told you about yesterday. More and even more.
- The Mayan version of the Sistine Chapel leaves archeologist in awe.
- Iraq’s Kurds live on a hill of undiscovered treasuries.
- Divers exploring a river near a former Roman Empire fort and settlement in Britain have found a piece of pottery that depicts the backside of a rather buff gladiator wielding a whip and wearing nothing but a G-string.
- Could robotic patrol boats safeguard the seas from piracy and fight ocean-going people traffickers? New movie coming – The Pirates vs. the Daleks. 😉
- I know I saw this movie. Scientists create a hybrid brain.
- Geneticists find link to brain evolution.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. forecasts a 60-percent increase in global energy consumption over the next 25 years. Buy oil stock, or see next article.
- The hydrogen gold rush is on.
- A voice-, face- and emotion-recognition system has scanned the face of the Mona Lisa painting and declared that she is confident and happy, but also found evidence of disgust, fear and a little bit of anger.
- Bumblebees recognize people.
- Shocked scientists find tsunami legacy: a dead sea.
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has described the Holocaust as ‘a myth’ and suggested that Israel be moved to Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska.
- Ancient Sumerians possessed extensive knowledge of the Solar system without telescopes.
- Scientists are on the verge of creating marvels in the space propulsion labs by reverse engineering extraterrestrial UFO technologies. [India Daily]
- The Skeptical Inquirer investigates the reincarnation of Buddha.
- Space ‘spiders’ could build solar satellites.
- A strange new object has been found at the edge of the solar system.
- Hubble finds mass of white dwarf.
- Microbes under Greenland Ice may be preview of what scientists find under Mars’ surface.
- China will begin an effort to send astronauts to the moon in about 2017, with a landing some time after that.
Quote of the Day
The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn’t for any religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin.