Can you handle the truth? Was the pre-Rita Houston evacuation a hint? Is ignorance bliss, or do you have a right to know, whether you can handle it or not?
- Amateur British archaeologist says he has located Ithaca, the island home of Homer’s legendary hero Odysseus.
- Spider blood found in 20 million year old amber.
- Photos show wild gorillas using tools.
- Return of the time lord.
- Mars: Guided balloons could combine the global reach of Mars Orbiter with the high-res observations of a rover.
- You Can’t Handle the Truth: firm specializing in psy-ops propaganda makes very public debut at UK’s largest showcase for military technology.
- The “Cambrian explosion” of media usage.
- Genetically altered ‘mighty mice‘ regrow organs.
- New chip will allow power-grid Internet.
- The power of spin: the ‘atmospheric vortex engine‘.
- Intelligent-bleep theory.
- High-tech reading of body postures reveals lying and deceptive behavior.
- Engineers create safer more efficient nuclear fuel.
- Preschool children drive flu epidemics.
- First evidence of brain abnormalities found in pathological liars.
- About that new-car smell – don’t breathe so easy.
- How aquatic bugs zoom up the slippery slopes, or menisci, that forms where water’s surface meets land, floating bodies, etc. Could redesigned surf boards do the same?
- Sandcastle physics revealed.
- Immune system cells communicate long-distance through newly-discovered tunnels.
- Compounds secreted by frog’s skin found to block HIV infection.
- Bacteria share a common language – and some species can manipulate the conversation to confuse other bacteria.
- Are you craving sweets, gaining weight, fatigued and depressed? You may have a chromium deficiency – and anti-depressants make matters worse.
- You do what you eat: the solution to crime and violence is on your plate.
- Research shows religious belief can cause damage to a society.
Quote of the Day:
Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.