Yarr, I’ve been pillagin’ and plunderin’ the wide seas of the Internet for today’s news. If ye not be speakin’ like a pirate, then down to Davey Jones’s Locker ye go!
- Yarr, a sea may have been found on Saturn’s moon, Titan. Tis one sea I’ve yet to sail.
- Well I’ll be blown, are there two suns in our solar system? Lost Star of Myth and Time, by Walter Cruttenden (Amazon US or UK).
- From the moon to Mars, does NASA have a new agenda? Yarr, the Sea of Tranquillity.
- Twas a strange sight indeed when me first-mate sighted 100-billion brown dwarfs.
- A new theory of trigonometry is easier to use and more accurate, but can it measure me the stars to sail straight and true?
- Sir Hermann Bondi, an astrophysicist who helped formulate the steady-state theory of the universe – which said the universe has always existed – has gone to Fiddler’s Green.
- These physicists be drinkin’ too much bumboo, compiling a cd of sand music inspired by singing sand dunes. They be dancin’ the hempen jig if they don’t play me a good ol’ sea shanty.
- Why do meteorites keep fallin’ in a small area of western Rajasthan, India? They be cannonballs from me monkey.
- Shiver me timbers, UFOs above Loughton, Uk. Tis St Elmo’s Fire, if ye ask me.
- Even the fiercest of scallywag cynics would be hard-pressed to dismiss some of the UFO reports filed since 2000 with a variety of Canadian federal agencies. By the Powers!
- A landlubber he might be, but this UFO enthusiast shares his beliefs like I don’t share me grog.
- A new book claims to solve the Fatima Mystery (Amazon US or UK).
- Tis not me trusty tricorner with the Jolly Roger, but this hat might save ye from alien abductions.
- Jim Marrs deserves a Letter of Marque for discussin’ Remote Viewin’, conspiracy theories, and ye olde Bible Code.
- Yarr, a tale of betrayal and brazen double-bluffs. Magic circle wrapped in a cloak of intrigue and mystery orders Spyros Melaris, an outspoken mind reader, to walk the plank and never set foot on their ship again.
- Do ye think ye know what Marc Salem be thinkin’? He be a mind-reader, this lad.
- An Italian psychic’s vision of a dead woman in a lake helped police solve the three-year mystery. Yarr, there be no witches aboard me ship!
- Ye olde Catholic Church be recruitin’ more student exorcists. Don’t be a lily-livered, scurvy dog, you son of a biscuit!
- The Earth’s crust be pulsatin’ in the Amazon Basin, like a dog’s guts after a night on the grog.
- A research team be locatin’ new evidence of an Amazonian civilisation.
- Records show hurricanes are getting stronger, and may be linked to Global Warming. Hold fast, me mateys!
- Are wormholes tunnels for time travel? I be in the wrong century, yarr.
- Tis not Moby Dick, but a rare white giraffe. Thar she blows, me mateys!
- This ‘ere head of a sea-monster was found in me ship’s galley by me cook, and I’ll give ye pieces of eight if ye pay in silver.
- California’s Chumash Indians may have learned boat-building from Polynesians. Yarr, they be pirates at heart.
- In his new movie The Myth, Jackie Chan plays an archaeologist who promotes the repatriation of artifacts to their countries of origin. Yarr, Zahi Hawass is a lily-livered flea-bitten dog who wishes Jackie Chan would play him in a biopic.
- Keith Richards appearin’ in the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel, Dead Man’s Chest, is lookin’ unlikely.
- Speakin’ of fossils, fossilised footprints of a baby dinosaur have been found in Scotland.
- Homo Floresiensis – aka the Hobbit – does indeed represent a new species of early man. A fine cabin-boy he made too, and I called him Roger.
- Yar, tis a fine education for young lads and lasses to be speakin’ like a pirate.
Quote of the Day:
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates