Funny, bizarre, delusional, edgy, homo-erotic? Modeled on Matrix hero, Neo, with the caption, “The Catholic priesthood: The answer is out there … and it’s calling you,” how would you describe the Catholic Church’s new priest-recruitment poster? View it at the bottom of this article, and post your thoughts.
- Major International Forbidden Knowledge Conference Grows into World’s Biggest.
- Ice Age engravings found in Somerset.
- Mexican team to refurbish Egyptian tomb site.
- Philip Gardiner’s Discovery of The Secret of Solomon’s Temple.
- Ancient fossil deposits in Queensland caves reveal the area was once a tropical rainforest, which was wiped out by climate change.
- Manfred Korfmann, German archaeologist, will be remembered for his excavations that revived research and debate about ancient city of Troy.
- Founding member of Pixar Animation killed in car crash.
- Researchers creating life from scratch.
- Researchers produce strong, transparent carbon nanotube sheets.
- Carbon strips could build elevator to space, and make car windows that act as antennae, heaters, or lights.
- Fibre optics to conquer undersea exploration.
- Unexpectedly young material in meteorites throws a monkey wrench in solar system evolution.
- NASA leaders blasted for smugness, arrogance, and skipping safety measures in order to meet unrealistic launch dates.
- Shuttle’s uncertain future fuels concern over ISS.
- Thinking Clearly About Space, Part 1: Hustling the Future.
- Building a virtual microbe, gene by gene by gene.
- Hidden clues suggests Google is building its own Internet.
- Climate change sceptics bet $10,000 on cooler world.
- How Trauma Triggers Long-lasting Memories.
- New thoughts on body’s response to viruses.
- Molecular mechanism of feather formation found.
- Baby comes with brain repair kit for mum.
- Irritable Male Syndrome: hormonal mood swings are caused by drop in testosterone.
- Conference delegates split, as some protest Dalai Lama’s upcoming lecture on neuroscience of meditation, declaring his views to be in ‘poor scientific taste’. Here are the petitions for and against.
- Look closely Earthling: You are right there.
- Students need intelligent design – of science courses.
- CIA Commander Says U.S. Let bin Laden Slip Away.
- The Mind During Out-of-Body Experiences.
- Computer characters mugged in virtual crime spree.
- Ruler of Tibetan territory, the Swat of Swat, said it was his hereditary duty to act as the contact between the Yeti and humankind.
- Tom Dongo interview on Navaho nation’s encounters with UFOs, Orbs, Aliens, Skinwalkers — and white pick-up trucks.
- In Search of Answers: a look at how we perceive anomalous phenomena.
Quote of the Day:
NASA leaders must break this cycle of smugness substituting for knowledge.
Stafford-Covey Task Group’s Minority Report