There’s a bar at the heart of the Milky Way. But it won’t serve people wearing football shirts or sporting tattoos. But that bar means that gravity over the whole milky way changes for stars in the spirals. Is there a clue here to mass extinctions?
- Alternative media amplifies as mainstream gatekeepers decline.
- Europe to join Russia in building the next space shuttle.
- Icy methane volcano on Titan.
- A hoist to the heavens.
- Soul survival: is the new neuromorality a threat to traditional views of right and wrong.
- The state of surveillance.
- River of data decodes Nile cycles.
- Damned: Rat Scabies and the Holy Grail.
- Can money buy happiness? Yes, but…
- Humans fall victim to glossy magazine covers. Victim? A lot of those covers end up rather sticky.
- Velikovsky’s ghost returns.
- Protecting food from terrorists. Waiter, there’s a terrorist in my soup…
- Garlic’s potent effects revealed. Basically, what Bram Stoker already knew.
- Bar at Milky Way’s heart revealed.
- Aboriginal astronomers see mythology in the stars.
- Asteroid encounter in 2029 may help scientists deflect objects.
- Ingredients for life found in the early universe.
- The sense of being glared at: what is it like to be a heretic?
- The sense of being stared at: part 1, part 2, part 3.
Quote of the Day:
If empathy is second nature to humans, then apathy is first.