Today’s physics news is electrifying.
- About 160 ancient footprints in the floor of an abandoned quarry near the city of Puebla, Mexico could be a giant archaeological step.
- Dinosaur track found in Alaska’s Denali National Park.
- Syrian mosaic of Bellerophon, mounted on Pegasus and dispatching a chimera, is earliest known template for the image of St. George slaying the dragon. Nice pic.
- Saxon rotunda found in Herefordshire.
- Archaeologists who found tattooed Altai mummies honored by Putin.
- Iron Age treasures debut at Yorkshire Museum.
- Persian Cuneiform may predate reign of Darius.
- Restored Wolf of Badenoch’s lair, Drumin Castle, set to reopen next week.
- Searching for the Holy Grail along Scotland’s Da Vinci trail.
- Honor Among Beasts: scientists discover altruism, empathy, and sense of fair play in animals.
- The Martian Heat Signature.
- Search for Biomarkers Finds Life is Left Handed.
- Most elaborate computer models ever attempted predict effects of large-scale terrorism in the U.S..
- Mt. St. Helens puzzles experts.
- Earth’s ice cover is melting – and sea levels are rising – much faster than previously thought.
- Structural engineers take lessons from deep-sea sponges.
- Aussie scientists say pineapple molecules act as powerful anti-cancer agents.
- Tens of thousands in U.S. to be tested for Teflon chemical effects.
- Bacteria linked to dangerous mouth cancer.
- Pack ice melting earlier, imperiling polar bears.
- Scientists link iron deficiency to childrens’ brain damage.
- Study of mice suggests way to fight nicotine addiction.
- Deadly deep-sea creature lures fish with red lights.
- Phaser-like weapons and plasma windows are the latest Star Trek technologies to come to life.
- Thunderbolts‘ predictions, first impressions, ‘smoking gun’ analysis, and ‘meaning’ of Deep Impact.
- Seeing Electricity in Space: Parts One and Two.
- Titan’s Electrical Blister and Rilles.
- World’s mythological themes, including cosmic dragons and feathered serpents, along with recurring petroglyph patterns, all point to plasma discharges in Earth’s prehistoric sky.
- Life Outside the Habitable Zone: Do we need a new science of plasma biology?
- The Tehachapi Covert Underground Complex: America’s flying saucer factory.
- The Physics of Flying Saucers, or A crash course in Electrogravitics: Parts One, Two, and Three.
- Electrodynamic Structure of Space: Parts One and Two.
- Introduction, quantum leap, and aether physics model from Secrets of the Aether.
- Todd Livingstone claims to have two working prototypes for harnessing the power of lightning.
- Introduction to Physicist Claude Swanson‘s The Synchronized Universe: New Science of the Paranormal. Amazon US.
- The swastika and the cross: symbols on cathedral force painful inquiry.
- U.S. military turns to Lawrence of Arabia for guidance on Iraq.
- Interest soars in solving the CIA’s ‘Kryptos‘.
- New crop circle is squares within squares within squares.
- How did the crop circle cross the road? With a sense of humor, maybe?
- Ancient UFOs on a deadly mission.
- The Great Alaskan Mushroom Rush of ’05: where buyers carry $100,000 a day in cash for ‘rooms that fetch $1,200 a pound in Japan.
Thanks to Joe and Greg.
Quote of the Day:
Thousands, if not millions, of people alive today have had the experience of existing outside the space of their physical bodies for a brief period and experiencing this separated state as real, not as a dream or imaginary experience. A typical consequence of such an out-of-body experience is on the order of ‘I no longer believe that I have a soul, or that some part of me will survive death, I know it!’
Dr. Charles Tart