Whether you like your Daily Grail with or without politics, I’ve got you covered today. All your traditional TDG topics are covered below, while in a blog on your left, you can either find or ignore politics galore, stuffed into a Political News Roundup.
- Bottoms up, all you 7UP, Sunkist, A&W, and Canada Dry drinkers — the contest has begun, and the right bottle cap or 12-pack could win you the first free ticket to space. Don’t like soda? You can also get a code number by mail.
- New evidence of a secret code concealed on the Kensington Runestone.
- Parents court-ordered not to teach son Wicca.
- Cernig’s Appalled! “It Starts Here, Ends Up With Burnings.”
- Philip Gardiner and Gary Osborn take a shot at solving the ultimate mystery in The Serpent Grail.
- The Pope’s Sins of Omission.
- Mating habits to be on agenda at the May 28th Sasquatch Research Conference in Bellingham, Washington. A schedule of Speakers at the event.
- Sasquatch: Lloyd Pye says ‘I have no doubt they’re out there’.
- How Crazy Frog conquered the globe.
- Saddam’s magic stone.
- Toxin in plastics such as plastic bags, clingfilm, toys, and cosmetics, even at ‘normal’ levels, can disrupt the development of male babies’ reproductive organs. BBC version lists more sources.
- Women who take the contraceptive pill are in danger of permanently dampening their sex drive.
- For an unlucky few, Viagra causes blindness.
- Grasping Metaphors: Research Ties Brain Area To Figures of Speech.
- Psychologists find neurological mechanism for subliminal learning.
- Researchers Closer to Learning the Underlying Logic of the Olfactory System.
- The pipeline that will change the world.
- The Matter of Mind, Myth, and Metaphor. (Part 2 of 3)
- Devolution: Why intelligent design is bad science.
- A big red spot on Titan has scientists baffled.
- Exposure to pesticides can cause Parkinson’s.
- Bioelectronic ‘Signatures’ Hold Key to DNA Mutations.
- CIA overseeing Internet war game.
- New Trojan encrypts files, then demands $200 ransom.
- Solar Tempest of 1859 Revealed.
- U.S. medical schools give companies that sponsor studies of new drugs and treatments considerable control over the results.
- Designer Sees New Ways of Exploring the Sea.
- ‘Lost’ Amazon tribe, armed with bows and arrows and unseen for years, is now clashing with illegal loggers.
- In Depth: The Climate of Man — How the earth is changing. The curse of Akkad. A Planetary Problem.
- Survival, extinction, and global warming.
- New Age Drivel and Superstition Posing As Science Are Threatening Our Progress.
- British Survey shows cocaine use has increased fourfold in past decade.
Thanks to Shadows.
Quote of the Day:
See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.
President Bush, talking about Social Security in N.Y.