As it does every morning, humanity will yawn and drink it’s cuppa on the day it decides the time has come to wrest the future of civilization from the grip of malignant complacency.
- Experts Find 12th Century Church in Aberdeen.
- Neanderthals had strong, high-pitched, voices.
- Bones of contention.
- Cleopatra was a thinker not a lover, contends author of Egyptology The Missing Millennium: Ancient Egypt In Medieval Arabic Writings. Amazon US.
- Early universe was a zoo.
- The rock-and-roll galaxies of the early universe.
- Amazon founder, Bezos, wants “an enduring human presence in space,” and a spaceport in Texas.
- Space transports: We don’t know as much as we think we do.
- Space Scientists Angry Over Program Terminations. V’Ger to develop bad attitude toward carbon-based units.
- Martian devil gives Spirit new life.
- Charity begins at Homo sapiens.
- New link to the article: The End of Poverty, by Jeffery D. Sachs, author of the newly published book, The End of Poverty: Economic Possibilities for Our Time. Amazon US, with reviews. (Expletive deleted regarding Time moving this article to ‘premium content‘.)
- Why is it hard to share the wealth?
- Trusting strangers on the Internet: German firm does eBay one better.
- Are Nanobacteria Making Us Ill?
- Artificial antenna helps ‘cockroach robot’ scurry along walls.
- So, is there more to men than sex and cars? Dream on.
- Face to face – in realistic 3D.
- U.S. Government Clamping Down on Access to Info. Across U.S., Citizens Fight for Records.
- Writer pays price for Bush tapes.
- Fingerprint food.
- Understanding biological foundation of human behavior critical to improving laws.
- The link between brain histamine, anxiety and alcoholism.
- What are little boys made of?
- Russian man lives without a tell-tale heart.
- Why low-carb diets produce fast results.
- Unique weather a factor in record 2004 Midwest crop yields. The good side of global warming?
- Europe Under Snow. The bad side of global warming?
- Ancient Icelandic sagas linked to climate changes.
- A Tale of Two El Ninos.
- Protestants begin saying, ‘Hail, Mary‘.
- Significance of Jerusalem in Islam, Judaism and Christianity.
- Downfall: The Human Face of Evil.
- Narcissistic Leaders.
- Local and international politics are stark raving bonkers because so many leaders are deranged.
- More Than Human: Embracing the Promise of Biological Enhancement. Amazon US.
- Crowley, Aliens and The Book of Thoth: second part of a series which began last week with ‘Extraterrestrials and the Occult Connection‘.
- The Connection between Crowley and Wicca. By someone who may have an ax or two to grind.
- Family of necromancers: John Napier’s wizard roots.
- The Brahan Seer: Scotland’s Nostradamus.
- Revenge of the Sith: Scare Them It Will.
- “The Grim, my dear, the Grim! The giant, spectral dog that haunts churchyards! My dear boy, it is an omen … the worst omen … of death!”*
*Quote from Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.
Quote of the Day:
I thought it might have a practical use in something like neon signs.
Harold C. Urey, 1934 Nobel laureate, on developing heavy water, vital to the atomic bomb.