They dig up something new – or old, as the case may be – in Britain practically every week. Why don’t we just save ourselves the suspense, and turn the whole country into an ongoing archaeological excavation? You may notice I dug up a couple of these news items too.
- First glimpse in over 700 years of Scotland’s secret catacombs.
- Geography predicts human genetic diversity.
- Egypt to move Ramses statue to a new site near the Pyramids.
- Girl with Silver Earring Found in the Burnt City.
- Human Settlement in Iran’s Central Plateau Dates back to 10,000 Years Ago.
- The Near-Destruction of Giza.
- Swiss help restore Egyptian tomb of Osiris.
- Fossil bones may give up secrets of cavemen.
- Einstein, icon for all time.
- Moonbeams Shine On Einstein, Galileo And Newton.
- Hans Bethe, one of the last giants of 20th century physics, dies at 98.
- Simulations Reveal Surprising News About Black Holes. Alan Boyle of Cosmic Log talks about the bad news.
- ‘Gnome of a star’ is nuclear surprise.
- Newly seen force may help gravity in star formation.
- Mars Express Photos: Melas, Candor and Ophir Chasmas.
- Rover Finds Salty Soil on Mars.
- Mars rovers in instrument mix-up.
- Hubble gyro trick could win telescope more time.
- Are Earthquakes and Tsunamis triggered by Star-quakes?
- Scientists head out to Pacific to view undersea quake area, where thousands of small tremors could signal plate separation.
- Duke, Woods Hole Geologists Discover ‘Clockwork’ Motion By Ocean Floor Microplates.
- The Neutrino Underground: Experiment Will Fire Trillions Of The Ghostly Particles Through The Earth.
- Plants vs. Insects: An Amazon Epic for the Ages.
- Astronomers eclipse record for most distant massive object.
- Successful Test Of Single Molecule Switch Opens The Door To Biomolecular Electronics. Jameske, you need to hurry up that patent.
- Artificial Muscles Get A Grip On Human Hand.
- Short index finger points to men who are as hard as nails.
- Female orgasm is in the genes.
- The Anti-Aging Starvation Pill.
- Researchers discover link between insulin and Alzheimer’s, showing there may be a ‘Type 3’ diabetes.
- A pioneering “liquid DNA” paint is set to slash burglaries across Westminster.
- Farm animals may be dumb, but they are definitely not stupid.
- Two-month-old baby speaks.
- Magical ‘clock’ to locate children is straight out of Harry Potter books. I hope JK Rowling sues for royalties.
- Famous UFO Crashes: a timeline reveals details of the Roswell incident.
- Indian scientists said to be having difficult time studing the advanced guidance systems from UFO flight patterns and navigation systems.
- The many enemies of Doctor Who.
- Wrestling with pagans.
- Siren-call of controversy: The Age of Ignorance.
Quote of the Day:
One of the unique attributes of high-energy plasma discharge is that its formations appear alive. In such discharge formations, one phase evolves violently into another, many with structure that is eerily familiar to the student of the antique cultures. By direct comparison of discharge formations to anciently-drawn pictures of the sky, the question is answered: Who were the mythic gods.
From: Thunderbolts of the Gods
By David Talbott and Wallace Thornhill