It’s a busy time of the year for all of us, but we wanted one last post for 2004. Happy New Year.
- Archaeologists have traced the development of religion in one location over a 7,000-year period defining the ancient roots of elitism.
- A tech wizard tries to describe what makes us smart. Yeah…..smart, that’s us. ;o)
- Men prefer subordinate women to equals.
- Scientists have determined that fur and head hair not the same thing.
- On a related note, The Literal Creation of Mankind at the Hands of You-Know-What by Lloyd Pye.
- So far, psychics are batting .000 in 2004.
- A Russian lawyer privatizes Earth’s clouds.
- A major climate change occurred 5,200-years ago. Evidence suggests that history could repeat itself.
- ‘Clusters’ of earthquakes yield an ominous scenario.
- If you’re in the Australian outback you have too many camels. But you knew that.
- The recent tsunami in south Asia is stirring up lots of relief efforts — and it could also be splashing all sorts of unknown sea creatures onto the shoreline.
- Attempts to redirect lightning with lasers have been no match for Mother Nature.
- Early sleep marks the end of adolescence.
- A lawsuit brought by a Satan worshipper, a Wiccan witch, a white supremacist, and an adherent of an ancient Viking religion will test religious liberty.
- Reanimators try to grasp the afterlife mystery.
- A Russian scientist believes that UFOs are clearly alien visitors.
- Russia and Iran have agreed to jointly study the UFO phenomenon.
- The Iranian government has announced that it has ordered its air force to attack UFOs which are being seen near Iranian nuclear facilities.
- The Cassini spacecraft is set to make a close pass of Saturn’s moon Iapetus, a striking world of two halves. The Huygens probe course ‘looks good’.
- Less water than expected in Jupiter’s atmosphere has inspired a new model for the planet.
- A giant telescope will allow direct observations of planets orbiting stars in solar systems beyond ours.
Wind at your back, Bryan. (Leaving for India.)
Quote of the Day:
Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving Hell with them as usual.