Short and sweet today. I guess most people will be preoccupied by elections. Glad I spelt that correctly.
- Hobbits of Flores reported to have died out around 1500 AD.
- Eton or the Zoo for Flores Man?
- What does it mean to be human in light of the Flores discovery?
- The Moravian Venus. She’s had a cream bun or two.
- Ancient nuclear power controlled by water.
- Dig tells story of ancient Yellowstone.
- Evolution of bronzeware in ancient China.
- Four rival theories for the puzzling origin of AIDS. There’s a fifth: the syndrome exists by definition.
- Documents reveal 3 hours missing from electronic vote election-night log.
- Report to predict big changes in the Arctic. North Pole summers without ice?
- Dark echoes from Titan.
- Crater found under the Antarctic icecap.
- Grand Jury condemns US Government in 911 coverup.
- Environmentalists have given up too much by not being radical enough.
- Where’s Nefertiti? Book makes big claim. Amazon UK/US.
- Music and the brain.
- Tycho Brahe supernova event may be solved.
- Iceland volcano erupts.
- Rocky planets discovered orbitting distant stars.
- Warning over stealth comets. If we cannot see them coming then it isn’t much of a warning.
- Church condemns paranormal course.
- Fragment of Persepolis inscription puzzles experts.
Quote of the Day:
Whoever lives for the sake of combatting an enemy has an interest in the enemy’s staying alive.