So, what’s made the Pole Star brighten up its act? Post your thoughts.
- Over the past two millennia, the star Polaris has brightened by 250%, and astronomers have no idea why.
- Man-made calamity the world is ignoring.
- Dinosaurs wiped out in a few hours.
- We are all dimmed.
- Dinosaur skull is evidence Africa broke off later than thought.
- Stormy bands on ringed world.
- Planet Earth dims then brightens.
- Study examines how brain creates detailed recollections.
- New theory finds common ground between conflicting evidence for first stars.
- How the City of London runs the world. Is the Bank trying to steer market views on rates?
- Putin and the mythical NGO conspiracy.
- Folds at surface show ancient seismic stresses still at work.
- Dark energy tied to human origins.
- Bananas to generate electricity?
- The march of the killer toads.
- No such thing as paranoia; Part 1. Part 2
- Mystery hand falls from the sky.
- A square of dark chocolate a day could keep the cardiologist away.
- Comet theory: the cause of the glowing tail. Or is it antimatter?
- We can lament the mischief of hackers, thieves, and tricksters, or we can learn lessons in innovation from them.
- Up in the air!
- Pumped-up dummy does the ironing. Remember the autopilot in Airplane?
- GM virus explodes cancer cells.
- Earthquakes beget earthquakes near and far. More like making stretch marks.
- Dead Sea to disappear in 50 years.
Quote of the Day:
A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for.
W. C. Fields