Hi friend, pull up a chair, get comfy, and let me tell you a few tales…………..
- Scientists think they may have evidence of an impact crater that contributed to the Great Dying, a mass extinction wiped-out more than 90-percent of the species on Earth.
- Sampson is poised to crush the old Tyrannosaurus Rex image.
- The largest particle detector in Mexico is being built inside a pyramid in the ancient settlement of Teotihuacan.
- A virus found in the Yellowstone National Park thermal pools has a structure so ancient that scientists think it sits near the root of the universal tree of life.
- A tiny Iron Age tool found in Holland marks move to steel.
- Explorers still seek El Dorado in the mountains of Peru.
- U.S. authorities have returned to Honduras nearly 300 pieces of Mayan jewelry, some dating back to about 500 A.D.
- Ufa, the capital of Bashkortostan, a republic in Russia, should mark its 5,000th rather than the approaching 430th anniversary of its foundation.
- A campaign has begun to secure the return to Wales of the Red Lady, a skeleton that predated Stonehenge by 20,000-years.
- The skull of a man believed to have lived more than 6,000-years ago has been dug-up in Shanghai’s Qingpu District.
- Satellites see shadows of ancient glaciers.
- The information environmentalists are seeking to rid mental space around the world from too much data contamination. Just don’t throw paint on my keyboard.
- Today’s handsome hunks evolved thanks to picky females.
- Dads deliver a vital mating package.
- Migratory birds, as well as many other animals, are able to sense the magnetic field of the earth, but how do they do it?
- The Human Hell and the Demons of War: Think Never Again? Try Again and Again. Part 1, Part 2.
- Last week I told you of Kiwihenge, a Stonehenge replica in New Zealand. This week it’s Texashenge.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees, but machines can grow diamonds.
- Come spend some quality time with the fauns, elves, imps, and fairies – she did. Let’s get the ‘I want some of what she’s smoking’-line out of the way early.
- Underwater bright lights and unidentified objects may indicate an underwater civilization.
- The Mexican Santa Muerte death cult draws a diverse membership and she favors tequila, half-smoked cigarettes, and eggplants.
- Invasion of The Giant African Land Snail. It sounds like something from those old black-and-white “creature features” from the 1950s, but this one is real.
- A remarkable anti-freeze protein prevents the winter flounder from freezing-up in northern polar oceans.
- Are lottery winners really less happy? I’ll volunteer to test this theory empirically.
- Is modern-day lycanthropy an explanation of werewolves?
- An ET visits a Dutch home so they took his/her picture. Your call.
- Producing an out-of-body experience at will and staying lucid outside the body requires ideal physical conditions as well as strong desire, concentration and determination.
- Van Helsing opens this summer’s big-budget movie season, but there’s little excitement or surprise to be found here.
- Mexican UFO Sightings: Real or B-Movie fare?
- A UFOs filmed in the skies over Mexico could have been caused by a scientific phenomenon involving gases in the atmosphere.
- Alien galaxies are entering the Milky Way.
Quote of the Day:
Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever.
Dr. T. N. Tahmisian
Atomic Energy Commission