“It is by logic that we prove, but by intuition that we discover.”
- Hacking the matrix of reality.
- Which advanced civilization came first?
- Mission to Mars: 2018.
- Venusian metropolis?
- Is the Earth common or unique?
- 700 years of climate change records, courtesy of Shinto monks.
- Sub-glacial Antarctic lake unveiled.
- Blindness reversed with gene therapy.
- Can vitamins stop organs from aging?
- Let there be light.
- Surreal jellyfish from the Enigma Seamount.
- RNA splicing mutations plays key role in disease.
- A 20th century Pompeii.
- Choose your own apocalypse.
- Trek: An oral history.
- Aliens vinyl.
- This week’s evidence of the looming robot uprising… A.I. spirituality via Monk-bot.
Quote of the Day:
“To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.” Henri Poincaré
Where the hell is Doc Brown when we need him??
- It has come to this: NY lawmakers want to equip police officers with textalizers. Alternate link.
- Elon plans to plant his flag on the Red Planet sooner than we thought.
- The human brain as a word cloud. This link may work better.
- Mindfulness can control depression as well as drugs.
- Help Alex Grey complete the first modern entheogenic temple.
- Are antibodies a better alternative to an HIV vaccine?
- UK doctors think vaping is worth the risk.
- A medical news site take a (materialist) view at NDE's.
- Even if ghosts are imaginary, their presence suggests something strange IS at work.
- This is how the James Webb telescope will completely outshine Hubble's legacy.
- "The Future Is Here" festival considers extraterrestrial life, among other big-picture questions.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor employee reports UFO sighting.
- Inside former-Blink 182 member Tom Delonge's UFO obsession.
- The legendary 'Goatman' claims another victim… sorta.
- A peek into the most surreal subway system in the world.
- Red Pill of the Day: Life-size Noah's ark replica to hit the high sea this summer --Trump is Cain kin! it all makes sense!!!
Quote of the Day:
"And God said unto Noah, 'Go forth and procureth a scissor lift, a pneumatic impact wrench and a shit-ton of polyurethane. Oh, and worry not about the specifics of hull displacement for the arbitrary load you'll be carrying."
˜Rantings of a Ranga's response to Creationist Ken Ham.
There goes the past. Here comes the future.
- Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg.
- Are insects conscious?
- Is a giant space umbrella made by an artificial super volcano just what we need in a climate emergency?
- Scientists have pushed water molecules into a whole new state of matter.
- Creationists fail to appreciate the history of science as well as science itself.
- Were the mysterious band of holes in Peru used for Inca tax collection?
- Saturn's moon Titan is looking even more Earth-like.
- The simple geometrical relationship of the main monuments of Giza and a possible connection to stars.
- Alan Turing's work on spatial patterns in nature now given a temporal dimension.
- Researchers investigate world's oldest human footprints with software designed to decode crime scenes.
- 4,500-year-old mummy found near site of American pyramids.
- 30 years after Chernobyl, here’s what radioactivity is doing to wildlife.
- Lightning storms may cause radio signal from exoplanet HAT-P-11b.
- Dinosaurs' European exodus.
- A giant, secret lake may have just been discovered in Antarctica.
- Nature's brain: A radical new view of evolution.
- 400-year-old dress found in shipwreck sheds light on plot to pawn crown jewels.
- Computer generates all possible ideas to beat patent trolls.
- Newly discovered underwater volcanic range is teeming with bizarre, tiny fanged fish.
Quote of the Day:
The Christian fear of the pagan outlook has damaged the whole consciousness of man.
D. H. Lawrence
Stage Performer: Expert Mode...
- Science without time: The flow of time is central to human experience - so why isn't it central to physics?
- The case against reality.
- A dozen black holes are mysteriously spewing energy in the same direction. If superhero movies have taught me anything, this isn't good for the Earth.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson is a black hole, sucking the fun out of the universe.
- The Black Vault obtains UFO documents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) through the Freedom of Information Act.
- The mystery of the 'alien spacecraft' that lies at the bottom of the Baltic Sea.
- Is the sky falling again in New Jersey?
- The mystery of the hair in the coffin.
- Volcano eruption implicated in Maya upheaval.
- Etruscan stone could help unravel enigma of one of Italy's first civilizations.
- The aquatic salamanders that helped give rise to Slovenia's dragon lore.
- Rise in carbon dioxide levels has greened Planet Earth.
- Uber-like app reduces food waste by feeding those in need.
- Meditation can take 7 years off the age of your brain.
- Video of the Day: Purple Floyd.
Quote of the Day:
‘Science’ here has very little to do with the scientific method itself; it means ontological physicalism, not believing in our Lord Jesus Christ, hating the spectrally stupid, and, more than anything, pretty pictures of nebulae and tree frogs. ‘Science’ comes to metonymically refer to the natural world, the object of science; it’s like describing a crime as ‘the police,’ or the ocean as ‘drinking.’
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life...
- Prince said an angel cured him of epilepsy when he was a child, and he regularly spoke with the dead while lucid dreaming.
- The evolutionary argument against reality.
- Humans have pondered aliens since medieval times.
- Progress in controversial gene quest to reverse aging.
- Neurosurgeon discusses his transformational near-death experience.
- Scientists discover 1000-km-long coral reef at the mouth of the Amazon.
- The real SETI question: which alien planets might be looking at us?
- A number of people suffered 'meteorburn' from the 2013 Chelyabinsk fireball.
- Could we soon reverse death.
- What if cryonics actually worked?
- Mind-controlled drones are here.
- Could life exist in the blackest vacuum of space?
- Image of the Day: I only want to see you laughing in the purple nebula.
Quote of the Day:
Life is just a party, and parties weren't meant 2 last.
A summary of all the stories and news briefs posted on The Daily Grail over the past week. Feel free to share anything interesting!
- News Briefs 18-04-2016 (Monday)
- TED Talk: The Most Mysterious Star in the Universe
- News Briefs 19-04-2016 (Tuesday)
- Man Face Swaps with Museum Statues
- News Briefs 20-04-2016 (Wednesday)
- Today I Learned: There is Such a Thing as 'Meteorburn'
- News Briefs 21-04-2016 (Thursday)
- Prince's Otherworldly Encounter As a Child
Have a good weekend!
- Happy 4/20, Darren! Canada vows to legalize marijuana within one year.
- A 15-second lag in our brain is what keeps us from being overwhelmed by Reality. Maybe 'crazy people' are just getting an unfiltered version…
- Growing up with an MK-Ultra grandmother.
- We're probably not smart enough to know how smart other animals are.
- MoMo can still draw a big crowd.
- The Martian Mariners: The Red Planet once had an ocean the size of Earth's Atlantic.
- Mice flown into space show
super intelligencenascent liver damage.
- NASA wants new designs for ways we could live in deep space. --How 'bout a Thunderdome?
- The man who got Clinton to care about UFOs.
- Hillary is making big promises to UFO believers.
- Ghost Rocket's documentary showcases Humankind's quest for answers.
- X-Men: Apocalypse --In the footsteps of En Sabah Nur.
- 25 History events you learned in class that are totally bogus.
- The Ballycotton island disappearance of 1878.
- The Dark Age was caused by two enormous volcanic eruptions.
- Red Pill of the Day: People actually bid for a bag of air from Kobe Bryant's last game --Obligatory.
Quote of the Day
"Creativity is Intelligence having fun."
Nothing to see here.
- Oldest depiction of Ancient Egyptian demons found.
- Did a coded message lead an American to a lost civilization in China?
- First scientific analysis of Mesolithic shaman headdresses.
- How to hide from aliens.
- Psychologists study intense awe astronauts feel viewing Earth from space.
- Will we know extraterrestrial life when we see it?
- We are closing in on possible whereabouts of Planet Nine
- Researchers can identify you by your brain waves with 100 percent accuracy.
- New evidence that grandmothers were crucial for human evolution.
- Mysterious painted skull found in Vienna.
- Alien 'Wow!' signal could be explained after almost 40 years.
- Study shows how LSD mimics infant's mind as ego dissolves.
- Most video game players experience flashbacks and hallucinations.
- Did comets kick-start life on Earth? Chemists find missing piece of puzzle.
- 'Magic mushroom' drug psilocybin may ease pain of rejection.
- A tiny forest tribe built a DIY drone from YouTube to fight off illegal loggers.
- Oscar, the fake Frankenstein's Chicken.
- Stonehenge was the work of Satan's army of giants, says Christian who somehow has a Ph.D.
- Flying Spaghetti Monster is not God, rules mortal judge.
Quote of the Day:
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Happy Bicycle Day!
- More than 1000 world leaders say the 'war on drugs' has been a disaster.
- How an army of Deadheads (and their LSD) invented Silicon Valley.
- New theory of human consciousness resolves Zeno's Paradox, positing that life is a film.
- Welcome to your everlasting afterlife as a black box.
- Dolphins have a language that helps them solve problems together.
- How our attempts to understand dolphin communication are helping us search for extraterrestrials.
- Do honeybees feel? Scientists are entertaining the idea.
- Dinosaurs were already going extinct when the asteroid finished the job.
- Elon Musk will reveal Mars colonization plans in September.
- The race to find Planet Nine.
- If the pioneers behind Starshot Breakthrough get their way, Earth will become an (innocuous) Death Star.
- Cosmic ray technology may unlock pyramid secrets.
- Google's parent company confirms plans to build the city of the future.
- Image(s) of the Day: Man does face-swap with ancient Egyptian statues in museum exhibit.
Quote of the Day:
Deliberate provocation of mystical experience, particularly by LSD and related hallucinogens, in contrast to spontaneous visionary experiences, entails dangers that must not be underestimated. Practitioners must take into account the peculiar effects of these substances, namely their ability to influence our consciousness, the innermost essence of our being. The history of LSD to date amply demonstrates the catastrophic consequences that can ensue when its profound effect is misjudged and the substance is mistaken for a pleasure drug.
- Mother of modern witchcraft revealed as Bletchley Park codebreaker.
- Remembering the 'moral panic' caused by Dungeons and Dragons in the 1980s.
- Cave art in France 10,000 years older than previously thought.
- Listen to the only known recording of Hitler's normal speaking voice.
- What do you do when your family was the victim of CIA mind-control experiments?
- Headline of the month: 1960s bondage-film actress wages legal war with toy company for ownership of sea-monkey fortune.
- British scientists to be banned from criticising government policies.
- Pioneering ufologist Trevor Constable has passed away.
- Japanese city covered in mysterious foam after earthquake.
- An exoplanet was discovered in 1917...but nobody knew it.
- In Rod We Trust! Carbon nanotubes assemble themselves.
- Why do these lions take their prey from racist farms?
- Flying saucer fights fires with sound.
- Implant lets paralysed man play guitar. Excellent!
- Solving the mystery of the great monarch butterfly migration from Canada to Mexico.
- Astronomer explains plan to send tiny spaceships to Alpha Centauri with lasers.
Quote of the Day:
When the whole world is running toward a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction seems to have lost his mind.