According to this recent Pew poll, roughly 1 in 5 Americans claim to have had ghostly experiences. Though I'm sadly not part of the 18% (or even American, so all-round fail on that one), the topic does interest me greatly. In a happy coincidence, at the end of last year Public Parapsychology posted an intelligent, multi-part primer on apparitional experiences - if the topic interests you then it's definitely worth a read:
- Types of Apparitions
- Characteristics of Apparitions
- Spontaneous Cases and Field Research
- Apparitions in the Laboratory
- Characteristics of Experiencers
- Theories and Perspectives on Apparitions
Anybody out there got an 'apparitional experience' of their own to share?