Feeling stressed? Doctor Grail prescribes this five minute dose of peace and beauty...
- Materialism alone cannot explain the riddle of consciousness.
- Can you solve the chess problem which holds the key to human consciousness?
- Common treatment for mental illness may be the key to understanding 'quantum consciousness'.
- Brain scans could reveal criminal intentions. Nobody give Steve Bannon ideas!
- Mysterious UFO turns out to be a wrecked Google internet balloon.
- Astronomers now aren't sure if TRAPPIST-1's planets are actually habitable after all.
- Complex life may have emerged on Earth much earlier than we thought.
- LSD doesn't just treat mental illness, 'it could actually heal the brain'.
- 'Radioactive Boy Scout' died of alcohol poisoning, not radiation, says father.
- Hackers can now use sound waves to take control of your smartphone. But what about microwaves....?
- Albert Einstein, as described by CIA psychics.
- Physicists find that as clocks get more precise, time gets more fuzzy.
- The 'new' phenomenon of 'fake news' ain't so new.
- Study suggests the Clovis culture may have been wiped out by an asteroid.
- The Silk Road could be thousands of years older than we realised.
- In the hunt for animal consciousness, we usually find ourselves.
- Leopards might have walked alongside Neanderthals in Italy.
- Humans made the banana perfect - but in the process, ensured it will soon be gone.
- Image(s) of the Day: The art of dreams throughout history.
Thanks to @MattStaggs.
Quote of the Day:
The top 1% of the world's population own 80% of the world's wealth. It's incredible that people put up with it. But...they're poor, they're demoralised, and they're frightened. And therefore they think perhaps the safest thing is to take orders and hope for the best.