Glad to see that even God requires two-weeks notice...
- Pope retires for the first time in six centuries, Internet becomes an open mic for every wanna-be stand-up comedian on Earth.
- HE is not amused: hours later, lightning strikes St Peter's Basilica. Guess at least we know now that God doesn't like ex-Benedict.
- Bookmakers have Richard Dawkins at 666/1 to become the next Pope.
- I'll believe that's a possibility when squid fly.
- Montana TV station airs emergency alert for zombie apocalypse.
- SETI finds no alien signals from exoplanets.
- Scientist explains the weird shiny thing found on Mars.
- How the streetlight effect keeps scientists in the dark.
- Jacques Vallee guest-posts at Boing Boing: "What Ockham really said".
- "Leave the ghost and UFO hunters alone!" say paranormalists. Your thoughts? (I am cited out of context and misquoted both in the story and in the comments, but interesting nonetheless).
- They see dead people.
- It's official: scientists have figured out what killed the dinosaurs.
- Today's fun science: A supersonic ping-pong ball would smash a hole right through the paddle.
- An open letter to Penn & Teller about their appearance on the Dr Oz show.
- Ridley Scott and X-Files producer team up for a PKD series on SyFy.
- Ceremonial magician Donald Tyson talks to Erik Davis on the latest Expanding Mind podcast.
- Your daily dose of wrongness beyond wrongness: Rappin' for Jesus (warning: the 'N'-bomb is dropped multiple times).
Quote of the Day:
Every war results from the struggle for markets and spheres of influence, and every war is sold to the public by professional liars and totally sincere religious maniacs, as a Holy Crusade to save God and Goodness from Satan and Evil.
Robert Anton Wilson