I need to buy a super-cool (and expensive) Xmas present for my long-suffering and mucho supportive, lovely wife. So, does anybody need a kidney?
- GM X-Men: Researchers tweak eye protein, may enable humans to see infrared.
- DNA pioneer James Watson reveals establishment pressured him not to publish his book about the discovery of the double helix.
- New technique turns urine samples into brain cells. Just so you can say 'p*ss for brains' for a change.
- Nine important archaeological discoveries that happened in 2012.
- How the 'Mayan Apocalypse' started with a New Age magic mushroom trip.
- Why bad science is like bad religion.
- From skepticism to cynicism to savage antipathy.
- Deciphering the tools of nature's zombies.
- Crystal skull lawsuit raises hoax questions.
- How did the Oracle at Delphi really prophesize?
- Tourists flock to see full-scale replica of Noah's Ark. On days when it rains heavy, I wonder if people just stay on board for a little while, just in case...
- The motif of Hamlet's Mill: precession or solar symbol?
- Are there planets better at supporting life than Earth?
- U.S. intelligence agencies see robot avatars in our future.
- Secret space plane set to launch on mystery mission today.
- All the space helmets in (almost) every movie ever.
Quote of the Day:
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here.