Posted by Grail-seeker at 11:41, 09 Jun 2014
The news gets newer, as we all get older.
- As the CIA joins twitter, here's some of the cranks, nuts and screwballs it has attracted in the past.
passesdoes not pass Turing test. But can it consent to sex?
- Is dystopian fiction becoming reality? Find out with Dystopia Tracker.
- Help M.J. Wayland find Britain's lost ghosts. Reminds me, I have a letter from Robert Graves about the various ghosts in his Oxfordshire home!
- Hippie stereotype challenged by archaeological excavation of famous 60's commune. You dig?
- Restoration of a C17 Dutch painting reveals surprise beached whale.
- The fascinating tale of Marshall McLuhan and Timothy Leary's friendship.
- Huffity, Puffity, Ringstone Round, will the source of this poem ever be found?
- Ideomotor actions could help people express non-conscious knowledge or, as the pop media would have it: "Ouija boards work!".
- 3000-year-old skeleton of baby found at birthplace of Halloween.
- 3000 year-old trousers. A few more patches and they're good to go.
- The future of the hand axe: 3D printed handles.
- Fox behind Leeds footwear theft crimewave.
- Mystery of crocodile found on Scottish golf course.
- Where be monsters? Just what was it that the crew of the HMS Daedalus saw?
- Dying languages mean dying traditions.
- Cosmos, science, surrealism and the Hermetic imaginary: An interview with Leon Marvell.
- The mysterious "footprints" of Loch Ness
- World's oldest man, parapsychologist Alexander Imich, dies at 111 in New York.
Quote of the Day:
The golden age is before us, not behind us.