Once more into the breach...
- The Paracast: Citizen Hearing on Disclosure special edition.
- Former members of Congress who formed the panel on Basset's Hearing were "unanimously impressed" with the testimonies given during the 5-day event.
- The Night Ravagers: Cattle Mutilations in Argentina, by Scott Corrales.
- Video: A 2008 Canadian TV show featuring the late Mac Tonnies.
- Secret Sun's Chris Knowles explains why the members of Heaven's Gate were the ultimate Trekkies.
- io9 shares an excerpt from Jaron Lanier's new book Who Owns the Future? [Amazon US & UK].
- The age of the 3d-printed gun... has come.
- Israel's not amused by Google Palestine.
- British Indiana Jones claims the Lemba tribe in Papua New Guinea has Jewish origins --but with a name like that, I suspect Elves were involved too...
- Rocks found in Brazil were part of a hidden continent buried beneath the Atlantic 100 million years. But THEN the geologists decided to call it 'the Brazilian Atlantis', thus ensuing the ire of the Skeptoid blogosphere.
- Aging: It's all in the brain --Srsly.
- Flame retardants linked to low IQ & hyperactivity in children --even if exposed before they were born.
- A man whose brain was literally leaking out of his nose!
- Anne Strieber: Dog is an anagram for God.
- To get in the mood of Inferno, the people in charge of translating Dan Brown's new novel were submitted to hellish conditions.
- Red Pill of the Day: A serious contender for the greatest car commercial of all time —& I *am* being logical about it!
A huge thanks to Susan.
Quote of the Day:
"The basic problem is that web 2.0 tools are not supportive of democracy by design. They are tools designed to gather spy-agency-like data in a seductive way, first and foremost, but as a side effect they tend to provide software support for mob-like phenomena."