Hmmm. Aren't all photons real?
- Ex nihilo: Dynamical Casimir effect in metamaterial converts vacuum fluctuations into real photons.
- US teen designs compact nuclear reactor.
- DNA submitted to online project pushes advent of modern humans to 338,000 years ago.
- Ancient people and Neandertals were extreme travelers.
- Thousands of people came from all across Britain to help build Stonehenge, which may have been a burial site for Stone Age elite.
- Researchers surprised to find clogged arteries, or what's left of the arteries, in 4,000-year-old mummies.
- Crystal found in a shipwreck could be similar to a sunstone - a mythical navigational aid said to have been used by Viking mariners.
- Crystal skulls deemed fake.
- Cicada wing structure able to kill bacteria on contact.
- Freezing an Android phone can help reveal its confidential contents.
- Why paying attention is anything but elementary.
- Over half of Austrians think the Nazis would be elected if the party was readmitted to politics.
- Japanese government says, unless it allows the yakuza to make a f*cked-up mess of the Fukushima 'clean-up', it will never get done. (Or something to that effect.)
- Wealth inequality in America. Bill Maher's spot-on observations.
- The night sky that city-dwellers would see if they could turn off city lights.
- Video: Retired lab chimps see the sky for the first time.
A big thanks to my favorite Pill.
Quote of the Day:
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.