This is my last news posting for the year, but I'll return in 2012... sometime in January, not next December! ;-) Until then, I wish you all a merry & safe holidays.
- NASA ignores Arthur C. Clarke, plans Europa landing.
- Mack Maloney discusses UFOs in Wartime (Amazon US & UK).
- Earth's Wild Ride: our voyage through the Milky Way.
- A strange tale of flying to the moon on geese.
- How modern life changed ancient sleep patterns.
- The Prehistory of Lucid Dreaming.
- Puzzle of the 35'000-year-old 'Lion Man' carving.
- Neolithic 'Earth Mother' figurine found in France.
- Saving Spain's 5000-year-old passage tombs.
- Humans & snakes, intertwined throughout history.
- Serpent Shamans & Rabbit Ears: rock art from Southwest Texas.
- Gary A. David talks about The Orion Zone (Amazon US & Kindle).
- Zambian painter fights to save ancient rock art.
- View a gallery of Zambia's rock paintings here & here.
- Shamanism, DNA, & the Cosmic Serpent (Amazon US & UK).
- Industry & drug traffickers behind Peruvian shaman slayings.
- Looted gold monkey head returned to Peru.
- The Chavin culture & the first horizon of ancient Peru.
- Hidden trails & forgotten temples: the secrets of Machu Picchu.
- Go past the ruins & Turn Right At Machu Picchu (Amazon US & UK).
- Secret of the Incas, Charlton Heston, & the origins of Indiana Jones.
- 'Stone of Kings: the Lost Jade of the Maya' (Amazon US & UK).
- Green stone mask discovered at Teotihuacan pyramid. More info.
- Awesome photos of Ashmolean Museum's ancient Egypt collection.
- Dung beetle key to moving the stone blocks of Giza's pyramids?
- Megalithic site in India may date back to 3300 BCE.
- The Standing Stones of Skyrim makes me wish I had a PC.
- Circles & Spirals: the inspir(al)ing art of Stu Jenks.
Quote of the Day
Most people have that fantasy of catching the train that whistles in the night.
~ Willie Nelson