“We are at the very beginning of time for the human race. It's not unreasonable that we grapple with problems…Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what we can, improve the solutions and pass them on.”
- The Challenger Space Shuttle Disaster, 25 Years later.
- Do you remember where you were on 01.28.1986?
- Debunking the top five myths surrounding the Challenger shuttle.
- Space taxi vs. Space Shuttles.
- Jupiter impacted by ’titanic’ asteroid.
- Climate change and mass extinction.
- Do flares make life elsewhere unlikely?
- NASA, UFO’s and NEV’s. Hat tip to the Anomalist.
- If the Earth stopped spinning.
- The North Atlantic - Arctic connection.
- Pyramids to be probed?
- The Greenland ice-sheet is more stable than previously believed.
- A link between implants and the big C'?
- Out of Africa, earlier-- by about 65,000 years.
- A clock for all living things.
- Biofuels and cow stomachs.
- Nabokov’s butterfly theory proved, 65 years later.
- Bomb-sniffing plants?
- Albino vampire trees.
- Carnivourous plant, as toilet.
- Pterodactyl egg doesn’t fall far from proverbial tree.
- The legend of Jack Lalanne.
- Swimming in prozac.
- Son of Suns: The Star Wars Symbol Cycle.
- Fountains for Forteana.
- The Chinese government doesn't want you to see this cartoon.
- 1961 UFO sighting opens doors of perception.
- This week’s news of the looming robot revolution-- just as ‘robot’ turns ninety.
Thanks to RPJ and Rick MG for the links - and to RPJ for the inspiration!
Quote of the Day:
“NASA owes it to the citizens from whom it asks support to be frank, honest and informative, so these citizens can make the wisest decisions for the use of their limited resources. For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."
Richard Feynman, Rogers Report on Space Shuttle Challenger Accident, June 9, 1986