Godzilla, fish sticks, mary-jane and killer robots. It's either a very mixed up B-movie or Thursday's TDG news.
- Remember the holy Virgin Mary sandwich? Now a guy from Canada says he has Jesus' picture on a fish stick. (Link has picture)
- China is awash in out of control acid rain.
- University of Toronto boffins are making an attempt at getting Leonardo's ornithopter off the ground.
- Vandals attempted to exorcize St. Pauls cathedral to rid it of gay worshippers.
- Want some good news? It looks like the reintroduction of Condors into the wild in Arizona is succeeding.
- Claims that global warming will be a good thing outrages eco-groups. Then again, it seems a lot of the climate sceptics are funded by oil companies.
- I've covered this on Newshog already but it's too mind-boggling to leave alone. Most Americans don't believe in evolution, according to a CBS Poll.
- Some Christian thinkers have found evidence for Noah's flood in ice cores, dust samples and radiographic data all support Noah's Flood.
- Godzilla, everyones favourite monster, gets his own star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
- Dutch scientists say cannabis use significantly increases the risk of psychosis for at risk groups- and the Dutch know about cannabis use.
- Half a million camels are overwhelming the Australian outback and are expected to double their numbers in a decade.
- Mystic crocodiles draw thousands of Sufi pilgrims in Southern Pakistan.
- Some Brits intend to reconstruct a 3,600 year old boat and sail it across the English Channel.
- A plan for a robotic village on the Moon has gained international support.
- Tests appear to show that a new vaccine stops HIV in it's tracks.
- Batwing airliners would cut noise by half, but you would be unlikely to get a window seat.
- The Euro is the most unforgeable banknote ever - but where there is a will there is a way.
- The BBC speaks to the CEO of Arianspace about why the Ariane 5-ECA super-rocket is so important.
- Armed drones rolling to Iraq. Now the robots can shoot the helpless and save the Army a court-martial.
- Chimeras are science now - not fiction. Scientists are combining two and more animals into one.
- Emissions of greenhouse gases have more than doubled the risk of European heatwaves similar to last year's. It will be a strange world when Irishmen have all-year tans.
- Welcome to the 'Little Chef' of the ancient world - archeologists find an ancient Roman rest stop.
- Military genius or megalomaniac? That's only one of the debates over the man historians dubbed 'the great'.
- Karl Marx's smoking gun. Seems he enjoyed playing the stock markets.
- Were Neanderthals our ancestors or just a bunch of evolutionary deadbeats?
- Virtual 'Time Machine' to recreate human past, explore possible futures. Can it manage the 3.30 at the greyhound track tomorrow?
- Ancient climate switch could signify sharp increase in today's global temperature. Ever noticed it feels warmer when it rains?
- Dark Side of the Force: Everyone is a potential torturer. Evidence is drawn from 8 million participants in 25,000 experiments - and the Spongebob Movie.
- The last crusade of the Templars: Vatican gives serious consideration to demand for an apology after 700 years.
Thanks to Kat, you are an angel. Thanks Shadows for last second Templar story.
Quote of the Day:
War then is a relation not between man and man, but between State and State, and individuals are enemies only accidentally, not as men, nor as citizens, but as soldiers; not as members of their country, but as its defenders.
Jean Jacques Rousseau