I’ve never seen Princess Bride.
So sue me.
- The Vatican gives its thumbs down to Prometheus. As did we all, your Holiness…
- Ancient Graliens: Micah Hanks interviews Giorgio Tsoukalos.
- New TV show will explore ‘unsealed’ UFO files. ‘Unsealed’ ≠ ‘Gound-breaking’ –just sayin’…
- BUFORA turns 50. Kind of depressing, if you think about it :-/
- Dan Mack responds to Lord Martin Rees’ criticism on UFOs.
- There’s nothing Cryptomundians love most than showing their contempt for Nick Redfern’s fringier ideas about Bigfoot.
- Nick’s recount of the Richard Shaver saga is Deroliscious.
- Hidden Experience’s audio conversation with Susan MacLeod: Sasquatch sightings & shadow people are just a handful of the perks in the path of a 21st century shaman.
- Massive Buddhist site in Afghanistan is scheduled for destruction in December –not by the Talibans, but by a Chinese mining company.
- The coming summers of the ice-free Arctic, and what they will bring to the world.
- Robot cars are officially legal in California, and Angelenos will get to ride them in 5 years. Wonder how this will be done in a robot car…
- Google Street view has now added the East Australian Current, so you don’t get lost anymore while trying to find Nemo (Video).
- 7 things you won’t believe Science says make you happy —Aussie red meat beats the crap outta Prozac!
- Doing the Icarus: 12 deadly inventions that killed their creators.
- And here are the winners of this year’s Ig Noble awards!
- Red pill of the day: Get ready to go Klingon with the new body modification trend.
Thanks to Rick, catherwood & Robbie Graham.
Quote of the Day:
Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss… I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He’s really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
~Excerpt from The Princess Bride.