I could never get back up
when the future starts so slow
- Where is now? The paradox of the present.
- Speculations about having found ‘God’ particle were nothing but a leap of faith, admits Hadron chief.
- Archaeopteryx —not to be confused with Asterix— wasn’t the World’s oldest bird.
- ‘Soccer ball’ nebula discovered by amateur astronomer. May I suggest they name it ‘Chicharito’?
- Galileo, Hermeticism, and the battle of the egos.
- NASA chooses site for next Mars rover mission. Cydonia will have to wait, I guess…
- Ball Witch Project? Russian sci-fi flick makes use of Youtube ball lightning videos in order to blur the line between fantasy and reality.
- Speaking of blurry boundaries: an op-ed column re. the recent hybridization debate.
- Biologist says cancers might actually be newly-evolved species inside your body. Blade was right!
- Listen to what it might very well be the Gralien Report last podcast —if Micah Hanks succumbed to those nasty Hadal imperialists, that is 🙁
- Dr. Beachcombing investigates the last European headhunters, and the days when ‘giving head’ had a slightly different connotation.
- Can a brain live for a minute after decapitation? let’s put it to test! any volunteers? …guys?
- Ancient Peruvian executioner’s lost head found.
- Quixotic quest? Madrid begins search for the bones of Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- West Wing explains the debt ceiling.
- Red pill of the day: White House ‘rickrolls’ Twitter critic.
Thanks Kat & Rick.
Quote of the Day:
— “So this debt ceiling thing is routine or the end of the world?”
Excerpt from TV show The West Wing.