- Discovery ready for final flight. Was the shuttle program worth it?
- “It’s time for shuttle to go” says NASA chief, who looks to commercial spacecrafts for space station.
- 3 on-line ways to watch the last space shuttle missions without leaving your desk.
- Japan to send robot to monitor health of astronauts on International Space Station. Because A.I. are great for that sort of task.
- [Audio] The Paracast interviews former international MUFON director James Carrion.
- The Battle of Los Angeles: almost 7 decades later, and still no explanation [Video]
- The Isle of Man: best place in the world to catch mermaids.
- Sheep as smart as humans, say scientists. I for one still find lamb tastier, though –don’t ask me how I know this…
- Being bilingual may delay Alzheimer’s and boost brain power –RPJ’s online Spanish classes coming soon!
- Cell phone radiation could increase brain’s metabolism. If you find this disturbing, press 1.
- [Video] Studying fleas could give a giant leap to our technology.
- “Thunder thighs” dinosaur would have made an awesome soccer player.
- Owls are turning browner. Hoo is responsible?
- The apparent velocity and acceleration of relativistically moving objects –translated from nerd: how speeds can look faster than light, without actually being so.
- Iben Browning: the genius futurologist who could predict earthquakes and revolutions by studying volcanoes.
- Red pill of the day: Oral sex now the main cause of oral cancer –they don’t call me Mr. Cohiba for nuthin’!
Thanks N. H. Redington –whose name is a cool anagram for Hot Nerd Gin 😉
Quote of the day:
“What is not acceptable is the fact that the most powerful nation in the world, the United States of America, finds itself in a situation that we didn’t do the proper planning to have a vehicle in place to replace shuttle when it lands its last landing in June.”
Charles Bolden, NASA administrator.