- To boldly go… and never come back –no, this isn’t about Ricky Gervais.
- Deepest secrets of Marianas trench revealed –Hmm, that almost sounds like a Mexican telenovela…
- George Lucas thinks the world will end in 2012 –if we keep watching the prequels, then it won’t bother us that much.
- Nasa warns solar flares from ‘huge space storm’ will cause devastation. I’ve got a bad feeling about this…
- Study claims 100 % renewable energy possible by 2030. Too bad we’ll run out of water by then.
- Looking for the Edisons and Fords of the future: How inventive is the next generation?.
- German docs develop remote-control stomach submarine –little Rachel Welch not included? damn!
- Autonomous flying robots constructing tower on their own. Hey –at least they are building, instead of destroying.
- Virtual fence along Mexican border canceled –a pie-in-the-sky idea that only cost the taxpayers a mere billion dollars.
- Issue #1 of Paratopia Magazine is out, with 2 free sample articles (PDF): “The Priests of High Strangeness”, by Carol Rainey ; and “Tainted, Toxic & Taboo”, by Dr. Tyler Kokjohn. Read them and form your own opinion.
- At Binnall of America, Tim is joined by the UFOMystics (Nick Redfern & Greg Bishop) to make the annual year in review.
- EE-I-EE-I-GOO: Slime molds are Earth’s oldest, smallest farmers.
- Is it die-offs you worry about? then read about the plague of pigs in Texas.
- What did Iron-Age beer taste like? Tasting booze in the name of Science, now that’s MY kind of work.
- Semen allergy blamed for post-orgasm ‘flu’ –Memo to Vatican: potential celibacy injection found!
- Red pill of the day: the case of smuggling monk & the nun’s skeleton at the airport.
Thanks to Richard, Rick & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”