- The alien invasion predicted for Oct 13th was… unimpressive.
- UFO sightings over Edinburgh, Scotland.
- [Audio] What will the world look like AD (After Disclosure)? Mike Clelland interviews Richard Dolan about his upcoming book.
- Refining the search for what’s out there —because who wants to detect the signal of some redneck aliens, if it can be avoided?
- Gliese 581, are you really there?
- Asteroid collision photographed by Hubble.
- Serpiente roja: Hungary’s toxic spill, as seen from space.
- Jeff Hart, American hero behind the Chilean rescue —not that hipster cats care.
- A war between bears & Yetis in Siberia? Maybe not —but just in case, I hereby appoint Loren Coleman as peace negotiator.
- Monarch butterflies: the apothecaries of the insect world.
- Dinosaurs’ lives revealed by their graves. T-Rex’s grave looked a lot like this.
- Emeritus professor of Physics resigns from the American Physical Society over global warming.
- Our long-awaited “Mr. Fusion” home energy reactors have just gotten one step closer —and speaking of Back to the Future…
- Look, Ma: no hands! Test-driving the Googlemobile (Video).
- You’re fat because you dine at the wrong time of day —or maybe because God hates you, take your pick.
- The 5 most inspiring things ever accomplished while drunk —6, if you (hic)include preparing TDG newsh briefsh.
Thanks Kat, Susan & John.
Quote of the Day:
“Be honest, now: who’d really rather go on an adventure with Indiana Jones than be lectured at by Richard Dawkins?”
Henry Gee, senior editor of Nature.