May your skies be full of vibrant iridescent clouds…
- Knowing the mind of God: Seven theories of everything —and 42 is a multiple of 7!
- ‘Tis the question that has puzzled man since time immemorial: does Bigfoot have a bone in its penis? —and why am I suddenly humming 70’s blaxploitation movie soundtracks??
- [Video] UFOs over lake
- Quick: under the desk! Regan Lee studies reports of strange beams of white light.
- Big Think video interview with the Big Kahuna of commercial space travel: Burt Rutan.
- Moa eggshells yield ancient DNA —Hmmm… Moa huevos rancheros *salivating*
- Chinese archeologists discover a new 137-km stretch of the Great Wall.
- The search for Zheng, ancient China’s greatest mariner.
- An unearthed tomb on Crete reveals a dynasty of priestesses reigned on the isle during the “Dark Ages” of ancient Greece —proving also that Greek archeology is not very P.C.
- Archeologists find conduit designed to deliver pressurized water to the Mayan city of Palenque… or human blood —Bwahahahaaaa!
- World’s southernmost site of early human life uncovered in Australia.
- Why the demise of civilization may be inevitable —may? you mean I spent my entire savings building an 2012-proof shelter for nothing?!
- Black tears from the sky: Japan confirms the exisence of a secret Nuclear pact with the US.
- Listen up laddies: “Non-scientific study” (their words!) says Scottish have red hair to endure bad weather —Melbourne weather might explain Rick’s ginger beard… and his Scroogish temper 😛
- Richelle Hawks on the liminality of color, and why Red is the awesomest hue of them all 😉
- “My, what beautiful 64-bit RGB eyes you have”: computer vision & how robots are taught to perceive images.
- Pentagon looks to breed
immoralimmortal ‘synthetic organisms’. In the words of the immortal quantum-leaping Dr. Sam Beckett: “Oh Boy!”
- Conspiracy Smorgasbord @ Zorgy-awarded BOA, with Kenn Thomas. Listen to the podcast and join the list of citizens surveilled by the NSA —just kidding! or am I?
- American lawmakers are considering a national biometric ID card to counter the hiring of illegal immigrants. Might be cheaper to just tattoo a codebar in every American’s right cheek…
- Lula da Silva, Latin America’s defacto majority leader, seeks peace in the Middle East, while failing to criticize the totalitarian regime in Cuba. Meanwhile, political dissident Guillermo Fariñas is on the brink of death.
Thanks to Rick, Kat, Greg & Moezilla. And also thanks to Corey, for teaching me how to recognize a master vampire —Very handy info y’all.
Quote of the Day:
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal”