Friends, Grailers, countrymen: lend me your eyeballs!
- While we Mexicans celebrated Día de Muertos —where’s my calaverita, Greg??— the Fortean world suffered two —more— deaths: on the Cryptozoological front, Robert Rines (most famous for the subaquatic pics taken on Loch Ness in 1975); and on the Ufological side, Lonnie Zamora (witness of the legendary Socorro case of 1964).
- V for Viperine: Which one’s better, the original or the remake? Who cares! as long as they have girls with forked tongues in it *shudders*
- “My great great great great great great granddad was Guy Fawkes“, says a woman living in Halstead —Best. Ancestor. Ever!!
- Cromwell’s soldiers damaged tomb of Black Prince 350 years ago. A hooligan, by any other name…
- As part of the Jon Ronson Takeover series of articles, Jim Channon (the founder of the First Earth Batallion) writes: ‘My First Earth Battalion comes to life in The Men Who Stare at Goats’; ‘Strategic shamanism and the new world order’; and ‘The paranormal soldier demystified’.
- Could a human beat a T. Rex in arm wrestling, ask the (stoned) journalists of Popular Science? And here’s the bone-crushing response —Still, I’d definitely pay to see that event!
- The mystery of Darwin’s wolf, finally solved. Now there’s just one more wolf mystery left to crack.
- Feeling grumpy is good for you —so embrace your inner Scrooge and repeat after me: “Bah, Humbug!”
- The ultimate iPhone app: one that lets you drive your car. Suck it, Mr. Bond!
- Faraway So Close: Success & frustration in Space Elevator games.
- Rocketeers win $1 million in Lunar Lander contest —and it was NOT the favorite team in the competition.
- Alien worlds spotted outside our galaxy from the first time.
- Kepler telescope glitch may slow search for alien worlds. Unless that’s another darn sabotage from the future, like with the LHC —in which case, Colbert help us!
- Mind control with sound & light. So now we know why aliens like to pimp their interstellar rides.
- Argentinian man in La Pampa stood underneath a ‘flying saucer’. Maybe that boludo mistook the UFO for Maradona 😛
- The Airshake: The Belgians Demolition Man-esque way to avoid “Mexican flu”, showing that not only they are bigots, but also immensely paranoid.
- …But then again: Cat catches swine flu in Iowa.
- Can we manipulate the weather? “Sure we can!” say the Chinese; but the real question is: can we IMPROVE it?
- Al Gore set to become the first ‘carbon billionaire’. I’m sure a lot of folks —Hi, tihz_ho!— would like to give him the carbon treatment, all right.
- Big Brother (aka the NSA to his buddies) ran out of room at Maryland, so they will have new facilities at Salt Lake City & San Antonio, which will house supercomputers capable of storing yottabytes —not yadda, yotta; as in 10^24— of data.
- Baddabing Badda—Huh?? Italian judge convicts 23 Americans (in absentia) for the kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric in 2003.
- The omissions of American journalism when reviewing Juanita Castro’s new book (Juanita is the sister of the Fidel we all know and loathe).
- Russia ‘simulates’ nuclear attack on Poland —great way to celebrate the fall of the Berlin wall, tovarisch…
Thanks to Rick, Kat & Loren.
Quote of the Day:
“War does not determine who is right —only who is left.”