Got your wand ready?
…Er, that’s not what I had in mind, Rick @_@
- Pope absolves Harry. Eat your heart out, Robert!
- Gap between scientists & public widens. Somewhere among the billions & billions of stars, Carl Sagan is weeping 🙁
- Light: has it always been constant in speed?
- Wanna simulate the Universe? Start by simulating the human brain.
- Finally! After six attempts the candle was lit @ Florida. But wait…
- 105-day Mission to Mars has ended, and the crew has returned home. What, you didn’t know? see what happens when you don’t read TDG every day?
- Could Gary McKinnon kill himself if he’s finally extradited to the US?
- UFO caught near a crop circle?
- “Off me field, you bloody Nordic aliens!” Armed farm worker threats some Scandinavian UFO hunters.
- Hunger! Hunger! Hunger Cats! PURRRR!!! Hungry kittehs trick owners with baby cry mimicry.
- Why did turtles develop a shell? Pfft! Because teenage ninjas need some shielding to protect their backs; I mean, hellooo?
- Do crabs have rights? Hey, if they can sell burgers, they can vote & own fire arms in my book.
- Scientists find Dino with Nine-Inch-Nails [Memo to Tool: you need to have someone find a shark or a giant spider that can be named after your band, PRONTO!]
- (Video) Experts in Tokyo finish assembling skeleton replica of the biggest dino that ever dinoed.
- Robot unemployment rate soars in Japan. The machines marched in protest holding claws & chanting “0100011010011” —*Snif* so touching.
- Mad Max Vs Terminator? Australia seeks new army robots.
- …And speaking about mashups, here’s a sneak pic to the hair-raising conclusion to the Alien vs Predator saga —produced by the BBC :-p
- Thighbones were scepters for ancient Zapotec men? Because nothing says ‘Big Boss’ as wielding another dude’s femur.
- An Alberta archeologist feels certain to solve the Artic’s most enduring mystery —No, it ain’t no fattie in a red suit we’re talking about.
- Jamie Neale: The backpacker who came back from the dead.
- Revolution by numbers: Mathematical model that reveals the tactics a small number of interlopers can use to seize power —read it quickly, before the NSA censors Math classes.
- Chinese Ministry halts controversial electrotherapy program for Internet addicts. Thank God I wasn’t born in China.
- Russian activist Natalia Estemirova was found murdered. Estemirova was friend & collaborator of Anna Politkovskaya —also murdered in 2006— (more here) so now excuse me while I go punch a pillow with a photo of Vladimir Putin pasted on it, BRB >_<
Quote of the Day:
“I sit on a man’s back, choking him, and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible, except getting off his back”
Leo Tolstoy, ‘Writings on Civil Disobedience and Nonviolence’ (1886)