Read’em & weep… or laugh? You know, according to your mood today.
- For the first time, the atmosphere of another world has been detected here, on Earth—Now THOSE are the kind of Firsts I dig.
- Giant rockets are not just great to compensate for certain *ehem* inadequateness; they could also revolutionize Astronomy—and THAT is something worth bragging about.
- Ok, it’s 2009. WHERE are our electric cars, dammit?!
- Blackboards and long lectures seem so ‘analog’ (read ‘archaic’) to the M.I.T folks.
- ::Attention, Mad Scientists:: Uncle Sam wants you to be all you can be.
- Anti-Love drug may be ticket to bliss. Because apparently, there’s not much demand for an Anti-Hate drug :-/
- Ehud Olmert keeps bragging about his persuasion skills over a certain someone. (Hint: he’s out of a job next week.) Not everyone buys it, though.
- Inspecting the Holocaust Archives —kept inside thousands of cardboard boxes— still feels like an Steven Spielberg movie.
- George Clooney: Staring at goats this Summer, at a theater near you.
- Coffee may cause hallucinations. Now you know why those guys have a SIREN in their company logo 😛
- For someone like Anthony North, there are reasons behind reasons—I suspect he’s a descendant of Sherlock Holmes.
- Where the Wild Things Are: A fine article about Cryptozoology. Good journalism nowadays is as rare and elusive as… well, you know 🙂
- Do Atheists buses get better mileage, anyway?? Spanish Catholics beg to differ.
- Global Warming or Ice Age? Pick your pundit.
- As with the rest of the world, in Oz the poorest will the suffer the most because of Climate Change.
- You know, my Aussie friends? For all the great virtues you guys have, you REALLY need to polish those Ecological skills… I’m just sayin’, mates.
- Parts of a mummy found inside a 4,300-year-old pyramid could be Queen Seshseshet. Now try to say ‘Seshseshet’ 3 times really fast!
- Excavations in Agora, Turkey reveal Greek scriptures, Roman drawings.
- And super-models think they have it rough with their diets and Pilates! The Mayas suffered BIG TIME for their beauty.
- How to mess up a UNESCO World Heritage site: Op. a) DISNEYfy it with lights & sounds 🙁
- Op b) Spill grape juice & oil in some idiotic ‘ritual’ (VIDEO) 🙁 🙁
- Yeah, Googling may cause a little pollution, but I guess it’s WAY lower than flying to Madrid to see these masterpieces from the Museo del Prado.
Thanks Rick, Greg & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“You have got the power to deflect [an asteroid] , you now have the power to not greet the same fate that the dinosaurs did 65 million years ago when an asteroid came and took them out leaving them extinct. Because I don’t want to be the laughing stock of the galaxy when they find out that a species that had a space program and the intelligence to stop an asteroid impact just simply went extinct. That’d just be embarrassing.”