“Will brief news for food” 🙁
- Quetzalcóatl has returned! And in the form of… a house?? (More pics here)
- “LSD cured my headache, man!”
- This year’s Nobel prize in Medicine opened old wounds —pardon the pun— and in Chemistry, scientist were awarded for their brilliant discoveries.
- Forensic analysis suggests Bach’s wife may have written some of his music. With Einstein, that makes two who prove that REAL geniuses know how to relegate obligations 😉
- Leading geneticist says human evolution has stopped. And now we go backwards to the tune of “Whip It”.
- “One of these days, Chandrayaan-I: POW! to the Moon!!”
- McCain might hate planetaria, but the Bad Astronomer hearts them.
- Scientists meet for alien summit. Vulcan ears and Vader helmets are NOT welcome, though.
- Metallic vapor behind noctilucent reflectivity? ‘Noctilucent’. Now THERE’S a word to write down, all you Scrabble fans out there.
- Incoming Reticulan vessel *implant activating* I mean, asteroid! exploded over Africa.
- Mother and son watched cow rise in golden-orange beam to disc. Poor, poor Bessie…
- Cattle mutilations is NOT a phenomenon exclusive to the U.S.A., you know.
- Deepest! Fish! Ever! Filmed!
- Ice Age people in Florida (video)? Come on, Nat Geo! Those retired folks are not *that* old 😉
- The fight to save Ireland’s sacred Hill of Tara from a freeway could end in a draw.
- You remember that ‘uncontacted tribe’ that was mentioned all over the web last year? Well, I’ve got some bad news for you…
- Now, Google wants to prevent drunk e-mailing—if suddenly I stop posting my weekly news briefs, you’ll know why.
- Wikipedia: the answer to the prayers of lazy—and manipulative!— journalists all over the globe.
- Man in frenzied attack on priest after watching The Da Vinci Code. Perhaps the priest looked like Tom Hanks? 😛
- ‘Miracolo!’. Italian plumbing bungle turns water into wine.
- Rating the paranormal TV shows.
- “Fosset. Steve Fosset.” Take a look at the adventurer/millionaire’s (RIP) super-secret flying submersible spaceship prototype —hot female side-kick not included.
- I haven’t met Jay Walker, but because of his library, he’s now my BFFL (Best Friend For Life).
Big thanks to Rick, Kat & Greg
Quote of the Day:
(On the defense of Oil companies):“Many people talk about loving the planet, but how many of them actually PENETRATE it”