The time to awaken, is NOW.
- Are Olympic Games really that important? And what is the price a nation is willing to pay for them? Let’s review the case of Mexico, 1968—China, pay attention.
- Some say that Regina, the Queen of Mexico, died on that terrible day of 1968, in order to awaken our nation and the rest of the world. Who knows?
- You need a lot of green to afford this green: Tesla Motors opens doors to the rich and famous.
- Ever wondered how much energy you waste at your home? With this little gadget you can stop wondering. You think Al Gore has one of those?
- Ok, you really wanna help the enviroment? Drop that doughnut and start eating bugs.
- New in-body wi-fi could notify doctors of heart attack, but might compromise privacy… like letting strangers know WHO is causing your ol’ ticker to work in overdrive, for starters.
- If you see someone lighting a cigarette, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. Secondhand smoke exposure can cause cell damage in 30 minutes.
- We do live in a ‘Plastic World‘. And our children’s children’s children might pay a harsh price for it.
- Ghosts and smell of victims haunt survivors of the Burma cyclone.
- Idaho team readies artificial beak for wounded bald eagle. Guess the cat did win after all…
- Platypus looks strange on the inside too. I mean, honestly! What was God thinking??
- Science has finally looked into Yogi & Boo boo’s criminal antics. Next time will be Top Cat’s turn.
- The Knitta movement: Guerrilla grannies? Official site here.
- A picture of your face might not be worthy of belonging to the MOMA collection, but how about your DNA?
- Astronomers found a solar system that looks like ours. Kind of an old link, but we here at TDG think its importance may be easily underestimated; besides most of you were probably partying during Spring Break, right?
- Did Earth once have multiple moons?
- Check out SETI’s new tool to snoop on ET’s private e-mail.
- “Right Stuff” John Glenn says Space Shuttle flights should be extended.
- Aerospace engineer applies for patent on flying saucer powered by ionised plasma and helium. Sorry guys, his name is not Zefram Cochrane.
- Peak oil might explain lack of alien evidence. But I thought those evil reptilians were after our water!
- Stick to Bigfoot & aliens, but if you start messing around with the “J” man, you might enrage some conservative bloggers, like the guy behind BLOODLINE just did. Also, see Loren Coleman’s response.
- Blogging: a direct threat to the very fabric of society… if you live in Cuba, that is.
- Whiz kid helps make groundbreaking archeological discovery. As a prize he will get one year of TDG news free of charge—the rest of you will start paying, BTW 😉
Thanks Kat & Rick
Quote of the Day:
“To the land of the eagles its queen shall return
the prison of the Moon she’ll be required to break
guardians of other times at her side will come
and joined all together battle they will give.
Wandering sleepwalkers will see her move forth
and the only one awake her aid shall ask
The worst and the best for her will unite
and the water fom the heavens will cleanse them all
To rings of the past the present will be heard
but only in the silence her voice will be listened
and in case of deafness a sacrifice shall be had
whose light for millenia the path will shine”
From the book “Regina: 2 de Octubre no se olvida”,
by Antonio Velasco Piña