- China rescues 167 children from slavery. That’s 167 of some 100 million by my calculations, keep it up.
- DNA confirms IDs of czar’s children, ending mystery. Now we are free to focus our attention on that wild-eyed Rasputin fellow.
- “All we are saying is… make your bid”. Lennon’s ‘Give Peace A Chance’ lyrics going on sale in London.
- With the present Food Crisis unfolding upon us one begins to wonder: Is living without eating possible? Breatharianism is the concept in which believers claim human life can be sustained without food or even water. Here is a link which supports the idea, and for the sake of balance also check the skeptic view on this highly controversial notion.
- My, what big teeth you have! But what the Hell did you use them for? Ancient ‘Nutcracker Man’ is taking evolutionary theories for a spin.
- Read this EW interview of Spielberg & Lucas where they talk about the new ‘Indy’ movie. You know, Rick? Computer keyboards do not react particularly well to saliva 😉
- Because in the Real World they’re not as funny as in the Summer Blockbusters: Somalia piracy resolution introduced at U.N.
- Judge gives agency deadline for decision on polar bear. The clock is ticking… and the ice melting.
- Hey, I’ve been thinking: if the eyes are the “windows of the soul”, and the Colossal Squid has the biggest eye in all Nature… does that mean Lovecraft was right all along?? 🙁
- Check out some more photos of said squid; or as our buddy Perceval called it, the “perfect ice lolly for a sperm whale”.
- Bats screech louder than Rock concerts. Can they do stage-diving too? Encore!!
- Monster Black Hole found ‘escaping home galaxy’. A cosmic passional crime perhaps, or a simple case of plasma burglary?
- Startled nomads see a burning capsule fall from the sky and save astronauts. Like something come out of a Von Daniken’s book, right?
- Real Trekkie Tricorder Invented. Cute, but where the heck is our holo-deck? Keep up with our priorities, you bunch of petaQs!!
- Two alien factions fighting about the human race. Are they referring to these factions?
- Has Big Brother caught evidence of an alien abduction?
- Police in Pikesville, Md. Investigate mystery boom and lights that woke the neighbours in the middle of the night. Having one of those wild parties again, Kat? 😉
- 1974: The Welsh Roswell.
- And speaking of Wales, do they have a crocodile in one of their lakes?
- Has Science debunked the ‘Green Fairy’? Absinthe’s mind-altering mystery solved.
- ‘Synchromysticism’ is “the art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance.” Ok, so I just remember I forgot to send my annual tax return form, and last night I dreamt I was being chased by a lion… so that would mean… Oh, oh! 8-(
Quote of the Day:
“The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labor.”