Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- ‘Watchmen’, by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons (Amazon US, UK), is not just another super-hero comic book, but one of the best novels you’ll ever read in your life; and it’s coming to the big screen next year —although not to the author’s delight. Check out some of the recently released images of The Comedian, Nite Owl, Ozymandias, Rorschach & Silk Spectre.
- Big Brother says: “Miami, it’s your turn!”
- Building the Wright way: After more than 50 years since its conception, the latest work by one of the greatest architects of modern times —Frank Lloyd Wright— was finally built and finished last year in New York.
- “Garbage Warrior”, a documentary that tells the story of Michael Reynolds, a renegade architect who builds structures out of recycled materials.
- D’oh! Study links belly fat to dementia risk. I’m sorry if I spoiled that tasty danish roll you’re having with your coffee, but do you honestly want to end up looking like this?
- Government sees overhaul of AIDS vaccine effort. In the meantime, you might want to keep those ‘love gloves’ in your pocket.
- I’m a Fire Starter: Ties between ‘Big Tobacco’ and Cancer study ignites a great deal of shock & concern.
- Brazil finds prehistoric “Sea Warrior” crocodile. Now all they need to find is a ‘Gladiator’ salamander, and we might be having some real action here, dude!
- Fastest Evolving Creature is ‘Living Dinosaur’. The slowest is a politician (they have just discarded their tails as you read this).
- Clueless Guys Can’t Read Women. You don’t f***ing say!!!!
- Diagram, description of Texas UFO by law officers released to public. Is that Mr. Potato Head?
- 60 years ago, something crashed in Aztec, New Mexico. Was it a UFO? A symposium commemorating the anniversary’s event opens this Friday.
- What is this strange object that fell on Brazil? Seems it was a fuel tank. But what from? And how often do these things fall out of the sky?
- One REALLY small step for a man! While on the Moon, the astronauts of Apollo 11 traveled the length equivalent to a mere soccer pitch. But don’t worry, NASA’s sound stages have gone bigger since those days 😉
- Cool image of a planet in the making. I think it’s a boy!
- ‘Organic soup’ found on Saturn moon.
- Sunspots erupt suddenly. Somebody get a tube a Clearasil PRONTO!
- Emo kids attacked in the streets of Mexico. They wanted to feel sad about something, and NOW they ‘re complaining??
- Trade in stolen Iraqi treasures ‘fuels al-Qaida’. And considering most of these relics are of incalculable value, that means REALLY bad news for the occupying Allied forces.
- New Dutch amusement park sends visitors on voyage through human body. And after you finish your visit, you can always go to Amsterdam’s famous Red Zone… you know, to APPLY the lessons learned 😉
- Move over Gioconda! The new attraction in Paris is a ‘plastinated’ giant squid.
Molto obrigado, Greg
Quote of the Day:
“I am what Harry Potter grew up into, and it’s not a pretty sight.”