Robots and mammoths are in the news today. Just not together…
- Preparations are underway for the return of Ethiopia’s Axum Obelisk.
- Newly discovered ancient Indian temple fascinates archaeologists.
- Anger in Scotland over plans to build cemetery near important neolithic stone circle.
- UFO caught on video over Vatican after Pope’s death. David Icke to have a field day.
- Here’s a review of Bryan Appleyard’s Aliens: Why They Are Here (Amazon UK).
- Get out your bicycle and install a solar panel – world oil production to head into decline. Settle down Chicken Little!
- Robot camel riders take the place of banned child jockeys. I think I see the evolutionary beginnings of the Jawas…
- Robot suit gives wearer superhuman strength. Calling it HAL may be inviting bad things though…
- Robocop conducts security patrol in Japanese shopping mall.
- Japanese genetic scientists seek to create woolly mammoth version of Jurassic Park. Get it patrolled by the robocops above, and there’s a movie script in there for sure…
- It’s a mammoth news day – well-preserved mammoth remains found in Southern California.
- Deaths during Native American Spirit Dance cause controversy.
- Television series brings Celtic monsters to life.
- Risk assessor gives 67% chance that God exists. Wonder if he takes confessions as well?
- The easy way to fix global warming – block the Sun.
- Immortality awaits – just hang in there for 25 more years…
- Drilling team reaches bottom of the Earth’s crust, breakthrough to the mantle looms.
- Animal gas chambers draw fire in the U.S.
- New method discovered for dating ancient earthquakes.
- The latest weekly newsletter from James ‘the Amazing’ Randi.
- 250 years on, homeopathy remains controversial.
- Former museum director indicted in theft of space artifacts.
- Russian surgeons grow a penis on man’s forearm. I might have to start a new website just to accomodate all the one-liners for that one.
Quote of the Day:
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.